- The project engineer is responsible for completing medium to large supply chain projects by controlling and organizing project elements and act as the overall coordinator for all internal and external engineering/ process improvement projects as required.
- The engineer is also responsible for designing or analyzing operational solutions for projects such as transportation optimization, network modeling, process and methods analysis, cost containment, capacity enhancement or information management.
- Other responsibilities include report development, analyzing data and monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
Under the direction of Fulfillment Excellence and Engineering leadership, manage engineering, OpEx, and other projects throughout the America's Fulfillment network.
- Proactively analyze safety, quality, or performance data and drive project and process improvement to shift metrics to a best in class model
- Operational responsibility to improve safety, quality, service, and efficiency across the Americas region
- Experience with managing medium to large scale projects across multiple functional areas within the Supply Chain with focus on warehousing, transportation and network optimization. A student of best in class models and benchmarking standards.
- Ability to develop and deliver cross functional and optimized supply chain solutions within a matrix structure. Capacity to prioritize and deliver on multiple projects in flight at the same time.
- Ability to manage multiple projects across multiple locations. Leads functional teams at different levels in the organization.
- Employee has authority to make certain decisions within projects life cycle and contributes to functional area decisions. A self-starter that identifies supply chain innovation opportunities and drives them for improvement and reacts to requests for support with equal efficacy.
- Comprehensive understanding of customer needs. Identifies and interprets changes in customer requirements
- Must be able to work seamlessly across multiple functions within the organization to understand requirements and lead change management in order to deliver an enterprise wide program
- EDUCATION : Supply Chain or Industrial Engineering from an accredited university. An advanced degree in Engineering and/or PMP certification are preferred. Certification in Six Sigma or Lean.
- EXPERIENCE : 3 to 5 years. A history of closing projects and driving changes.
- TRAVEL: Up to 25%.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.