Description The Dow Chemical Company
has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Project Engineer
located in Plaquemine, LA
. Project Engineering is a key leadership function in the design, procurement and construction of manufacturing facilities and their support facilities. The coordination of engineering, procurement and construction activities throughout the life of a project is assigned to the project engineer.
The Project Engineer will provide project leadership to the project team for the definition, detail engineering, procurement & construction of projects. The project engineer ensures that project scope, schedule & cost are clearly defined, closely coordinated & controlled. This role is leveraged across businesses and supports multiple projects in several production plants.
The Project Engineer, along with the Project Manager & others is an integral member of the Project Steering Team that develops & leads key project plans & strategies. The person in this role will manage several projects at one time.Key responsibilities will include:
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Coordination of projects according to Project Execution Plan & Strategy.
- Project Definition Package for estimating & Front End Loading review.
- Leads the project team in the application of Global Project Methodology work process.
- Provide "Owner Services" for project executed through Engineering Procurement & Construction firms.
- Delivers as-built and operations/maintenance documentation to the facility.
- Documents key project measurements and learning experiences in the Project Closure Report
- The successful candidate will work closely with personnel in design, businesses (such as project manager, manufacturing representative, operations, etc.), and supporting functions.
- Leads work process improvements within the engineering department as identified by leader.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant industry experience is required.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- At least 5+ years of relevant industry experience is preferred.
- Six Sigma certification.
- Strong ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at one time.
- Job experience in the area of design, procurement & construction of projects.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process. Dow Offers:
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
A little about us:
Join the Dow team in creating innovative solutions for human progress. A career with us is an invitation to explore, create and make valuable contributions to human progress. We’re a global team of problem-solvers, impacting everything from safe bridges, to fresh food. Andthere’s a science to our success. Discover how we do it.