Overview: With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
Responsibilities: Position Summary:
Provide engineering technical expertise in the form of project identification, development and management. Provide a high level of technical know-how within a specialty field(s). Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Research, develop and prepare specifications for new products, processes, equipment and technology.
- Responsible for performing/supporting quality investigations in a timely and thorough manner per applicable investigation procedures.
- Manage projects by developing a project schedule and team, tracking costs, preparing status reports, conducting team meetings and communication issues and progress to management.
- Prepare RCIs including project description, schedule, budgets and resource requirements.
- Supervise and direct contract personnel and outside vendors in the performance of contracted services.
- Provide leadership and guidance to subordinates within the Engineering organization.
- Supervise daily activities of Associate Engineer(s) and all levels of Engineering Aides.
- Provide direction and technical decision making for management involving capital asset purchases and expenses for projects and/or strategic activities involving up to $10MM (capital/expense/revenue potentials).
- Prepare and present technical investigative reports to middle level management.
- Moderate degree of both internal and external personnel interfaces.
- Demonstrated knowledge within a specialty(s) area.
- Understanding of basic statistics and its application in Engineering.
- GMP knowledge applicable to the individual's specialty(s) area.
- Software packages such as project management, spreadsheets, word processors and packages unique to the individual's specialty(s) area.
- Understanding of manufacturing methods related to the individual's specialty(s) area.
- Use of computer and peripherals related to the specialty(s) area.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written, commensurable with dealings at the middle management level.
- Preparation of RCIs.
- Ability to work with vendors to develop work schedules and tasks within the individual's specialty(s) area.
- Project management skills needed to run small to medium size projects.
- Ability to work independently as a team member and/or team leader.
- Ability to analyze, investigate and propose approaches to technical issues within the individual's specialty(s) area.
- Leadership and team management skills..
Qualifications: Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- BS degree with at least 8-10 years experience in an Engineering position or an equivalent combination of education and experience with at least 5 or more years experience in 4 and 6 axis robots, vision systems, and automated assembly and packaging.
- Travel both domestic and international.
- BS degree in Engineering with at least 7 years experience in a Pharmaceutical Engineering position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Other: Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment ch aracteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. #LI-EC1
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.