Want a job you can feel good about? Leading to better encompasses everything we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the world's leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building sustainable solutions for consumers or building benefits and opportunities for employees, the main thread of the Kerry fabric is #LeadingToBetter. With focus on a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about. Leading to better.
Through sensory science and technology, Kerry develops and manufactures food and beverage solutions for popular brands throughout the world. In fact, you've most likely experienced Kerry in the food or beverages you've consumed in the past few days! Leading to better, together.
Together, we shape how the world views food and beverage. Leading to better, together means we do this in a culture that nurtures agility, speed, quality and safety and we do this through:
- Celebrating curiosity that leads to action
- Empowering our people
- Promoting diverse thinking
- Investing in innovation
- Acting on sustainability
- Embracing our differences
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. Description and Responsibilities
The Project Engineer is located in Norwich, NY, and is responsible for the following duties/tasks:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze and evaluate project designs and ensure compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and HSE standards.
- Oversee all phases of assigned projects from inception to final operation. Responsibilities include project planning, estimating, organizing project staff, coordinating, scheduling, installation, commissioning, and financial control.
- Assure compliance with Kerry's sanitary design standards.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to detail operations of new equipment or revise SOPs to reflect changes to operations, as the result of modifications to existing equipment.
- Write, debug, and troubleshoot process control logic using Kerry standard software including: programmable logic controllers (PLCs), human-machine interfaces (HMIs), and reporting, alarming, and trending software. Assist site engineering in the troubleshooting of plant instrumentation.
- Advise and recommend improvements in the area of operational safety for a project. Responsible for ensuring and promoting operational safety, environmental protection and employee health/industrial hygiene within a project.
- Upon approval of capital projects, manage projects to meet all technical requirements while assuring they stay on-time and within budget. These responsibilities include the development of a detailed scope of work, creation of equipment specifications, finalizing purchasing documents, creating and maintaining detailed timelines, expediting and receiving material and equipment, and commissioning activities.
- Develop project specifications and systems by making calculations, preparing process flow diagrams (PFDs), piping and instrumentation drawings (P&IDs), site and floor plans, elevation drawings, utilities matrices, and other project documentation as applicable.
- Create and modify drawings in AutoCAD.
- Prepare estimates for capital improvements and any related services for management review and approval. Also, develop and write capital proposals for additional projects, within the major project, as well as improvements.
- Conduct start-up field testing and troubleshoot new, modified, and current systems and equipment related to a project. Train personnel responsible for operation of equipment. Advise project leader and participates in selection of contractors/vendors and supervise same in actual design and specifications of installations.
- Provide guidance to appropriate individuals regarding preventative maintenance.
- May recommend schedules for equipment repair in order to meet existing and changing requirements, including modified production rates that influence equipment operation.
- Minimum BS in Engineering required.
- 3-5 years of experience engineering small and/or large projects.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to manage multiple priorities.
- Able to translate a concept into a workable manufacturing process.
- Must be able to work independently, i.e., without direct supervision.
- Must enjoy hands-on engineering such as sizing control valves, line sizing, equipment layout, choice of materials for construction, problem solving, etc.
- Versed in project schedules, cost estimates, PFDs, P&IDs
- Minimal travel will be required.
- Acute awareness of operational safety is essential.
- Flexibility to work overtime as required.
- More specific parameters related to this position will be defined by the current project including, but not limited to, budget, contacts, amount of travel required, functional accountability.
- Compliance with federal, state, local and Company rules and regulations regarding safety, health and environmental matters.