Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
The Project Engineer is responsible for the overall execution of capital projects supporting the Industrial Gases GSP business. With the responsibility of execution and control of assigned projects with the ultimate goal of achieving on time project completion, within budget, to the satisfaction of the customer, and within acceptable levels of quality without compromising safety and reliability. The position will be responsible for the execution of multiple individual projects at any given time. Nature and Scope:
Projects to be executed will utilize Industrial Gases GSP Products including
Engineered to Order (ETO) Equipment:
• Product supplement items
• SOE Equipment
• Facility removals
The projects being executed will include engagement with both SOE and SOG business teams and will involve both direct and indirect customer engagement.
The typical scope of execution will include overall management of all aspects of project execution with internal team members, partner organizations, third party engineering organizations, and customers. Project scope includes engineering, design, equipment procurement, construction procurement, construction management, plant commissioning and start-up, environmental permitting, etc.
The role also includes responsibility for project aspects of estimating work and support of product development as assigned.
• Total Project Stack: $5-$30 MMUSD
• Typical Number of Active Projects: 2 to 6
• Project Technologies Supported: (PSA, VSA, device Cryo, PHG, Removals)
• Regions Supported: Varies (Focus on the Americas)
• Travel 10 - 20%
This position is accountable for:
- Broad based technical expertise
- Providing leadership and direction to the Project team for the execution of their projects.
- Key Performance Indicators on Safety, Cost, Schedule, Quality, in order to achieve business goals.
- Collaborate in developing winning strategies in conjunction with the Commercial areas, by understanding of the competitive environment, developing and growing in region development and execution capabilities, and successful working with customers, suppliers and contractors.
- Development of proposal schedules, risk management plans and construction strategies / costs for opportunities being bid.
- Ensuring that Engineering Standards, Engineering Procedures and Work Instructions are understood, followed consistently, and value improved where necessary to enable optimal Air Product's project development and execution.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or Equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in a similar work environment
- Operations work experience at Chemical and/or industrial gas plant sites.
- Proven credibility with key business and functional leaders
- High degree of knowledge/understanding of Global Engineering and Manufacturing work practices. (Engineering, Design, Fabrication, Construction).
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2016 sales of $7.5 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 16,000 employees are making Air Products the world's safest and best performing industrial gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on the link Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #21384BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Opportunities for veterans with experience in instrument, electrical, and mechanical environments.