Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
The Air Products Corporate Headquarters is centrally located between NY and Philadelphia and is accessible from several major highways. The 2000 employees at this location enjoy benefits of an onsite fitness center and cafeteria services, participation in Employee Resource Groups, company sponsored events and volunteer activities.
View this video to learn more about the company culture: Air Products: Working here. Living here. Giving here.https://youtu.be/zArzLr34tiACryoMachinery is poised for spectacular growth for the next few years-starting now. Join a dynamic team at an exciting time.
Over the past 74 years, CryoMachinery has designed and manufactured both standard and custom-engineered cryogenic and warm gas centrifugal turbomachinery used for refrigeration and power recovery in air separation, natural gas production, and other related market segments-to Air Products and to the broader industrial market. Existing designs range from 2 kW to 12 MW, up to 97 barg, -268 C to + 260 C, and speeds up to 100,000 rpm. Standard products include compressor loaded turbo-expanders, generator-loaded power recovery expanders, and low-cost dissipative expanders. CryoMachinery also offers global aftermarket support including on-site service, spares, repairs, and upgrades. About the Position:
The Project Engineer will be responsible for executing and managing multiple CryoMachinery projects typically ranging from $100,000 to $20,000,000 in value and durations ranging from 8 months to 2 years. The Project Engineer is accountable for schedule, budget, quality, safety, meeting customer expectations, and other factors critical to the success of the project.
The successful candidate will enjoy:
- Interaction with both internal and external stakeholders across multiple functional disciplines.
- Being part of an engineering, manufacturing, and business organization allowing one to see, first hand, solutions for our customers.
- Having influence on project execution.
- Tapping into the wealth of technical experience available within CryoMachinery and the opportunity to explore technical interests.
- Being part of a larger team of highly motivated professionals.
- Seeing direct impact of their efforts in satisfying customer requirements.
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities and grow.
Some of the responsibilities may include:
- Ensure that the project deliverables and expectations are met by collaborating with the following core groups: engineering, purchasing, scheduling, manufacturing, APCIs internal customers, and external customers.
- Lead the project team and provide direction on objective priorities to ensure tasks and deliverables are completed as planned.
- Manage change on the project. The project engineer assesses the impact and develops a resolution plan
- Work with internal customers such as Process Engineering, Plant Design, Machinery, Operations, and other stakeholders to ensure product offerings meet customer requirements including features, costs, performance, and reliability.
- Work with Project Development Engineering to ensure a robust feedback process so that learning's from execution can be applied on new opportunities.
- Improve execution methodologies/work processes for engineer-to-order and new product development opportunities.
We are seeking results-oriented candidates with the following qualifications:
- BS in a technical field
- Project Management Experience, >5 years is preferred
- Detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated and customer-focused
- Ability to apply strong analytical skills to real world engineering problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to influence others and work through obstacles to achieve results
- Effective team building and teamwork skills
- Aptitude for quick learning
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Good time management skills
- Knowledge of turbomachinery and MRP systems is beneficial
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2017 sales of $8.2 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 15,000 passionate, talented and committed employees from a diversity of backgrounds are driven by Air Products' higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world. To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center at www.airproducts.com and apply specifically to Job Req # 22025BR.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Opportunities for veterans with experience in instrument, electrical, and mechanical environments.