Commercializes new sales and marketing equipment to enable growth of Coca-Cola's immediate consumption business. Lead continuous improvement of equipment component design and customer application for Coca-Cola North America. Manage field issue resolution relative to customer requirements and conformance to specifications for equipment performance. Steward peer level technical supplier and customer relationships for equipment platforms. Ensure adherence to quality, cost, technical performance and regulatory compliance. Execute small to mid-scale technology commercialization plans appropriately to support initiatives. Lead small teams in the technical development aspects and execution of projects or pieces of a larger project. Seek opportunities to contribute new ideas within own area of expertise for problem-solving and business planning. Communicate effectively with cross-functional teams and management. Function Specific Activities:
- Utilizes lab and field testing to evaluate equipment or products against technical requirements, fit to concept or performance specifications (e.g., functionality and operational feasibility).
- Applies fundamental engineering tools and concepts (such as Design for Manufacturing, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Root Cause Analysis) to equipment design, manufacturing processes, and customer applications in order to improve quality, costs, efficiencies, or fitness for use.
- D ecides whether technical test results are acceptable and uses analytical / problem solving skills to determine why performance failures occur. Decides which new package, equipment or technology designs will meet performance and business needs. Problem solves production capabilities and capacities for new packages, equipment, or technology.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to influence and negotiate timelines, solutions to technical problems, suitability of package and equipment materials, technical design modifications, new technical concepts, costs, capital investments and RFAs to senior leadership.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering required. Related Work Experience:
3-7+ years of technical experience.
Foodservice experience, manufacturing experience preferred.
Design, drawing, tooling, data analysis and project management experience preferred. Technical Skills:
- Reliability Engineering: Knowledge of and the ability to understand, design, and conduct lab/field evaluation of the ability of a system to perform its stated function over a specified period of time.
- Engineering Skills: Knowledge of and the ability to understand,
design, apply and troubleshoot mechanical and electrical systems.
- Problem-solving: The ability to identify technical performance gaps, use data mining and analytical tools to characterize the business impact and identify root causes, and use common engineering skills and tools to develop and implement solutions.
- Managing Technical Supplier Relationships: Knowledge of and the ability to
influence technical relationships for design improvement, manufacturing efficiencies, and quality management.
- Quality Management: Knowledge of and the ability to apply and implement fundamental principles of Total Quality Management Systems within TCCC operating entities and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Asset Improvement: The ability to use engineering principles to troubleshoot and improve existing line and plant layouts and design, plant and dispensing equipment, dispensing systems, control systems and installation/maintenance issues in an efficient and effective manner.
- Basic Refrigeration: Knowledge and understanding of basic heating and refrigeration principles. Includes familiarity with existing technologies and dispensing equipment and how they apply to the Company's business.
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.