The Project Engineer develops budgets, schedules, and execution plans for work stream projects in the BP Pipelines (USPL) organization.Key accountabilities
- Manages the development of execution strategy and ensures alignment and communications to construction teams.
- Evaluates and manages project risk and contingency plans in addition to process safety related risk management.
- Develops and implements effective project Health, Safety, Security & Environmental (HSSE) plans.
- Drives work stream process to meet regulatory requirements, planning and execution of work.
- Sets minimum expectations with work stream teams, including contract resources, on scope, cost, schedule and HSSE performance.
- Drives alignment with Procurement & Supply Chain Management (PSCM) on contractor selection and performance management, leverages local, national and global contract strategy
- Provides timely updates to Inspection Data Specialist on inspections and repairs scopes and ensures accuracy of the data including QA/QC, timely application of engineered solutions and documentations.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technical Discipline required. A degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering preferred.Essential experience and job requirements
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- Minimum 5 years related engineering experience required.
- Minimum 2 years maintenance and inspection experience in oil and gas industry
- Experience with contractor management required.
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Oil and gas project engineering experience preferred.
- Project management experience.
Yes - up to 25%Is this a part time position?
US Pipelines and Logistics (USPL's) strategy is to create integrated logistics value for BP by maintaining high pipeline, terminal and transportation availability, storage flexibility for trading. It is a pipeline transportation company that owns and operates liquid pipelines and terminal facilities throughout the United States. Employing more than 1200 employees, USPL safely transports millions of barrels per day of oil, refined products, natural gas liquids, carbon dioxide and chemicals throughout the US. The Terminal facilities are light-oil terminals, most of which produce custom blends of gasoline. Additionally, USPL interacts with a number of BP segments including Upstream, Integrated Supply & Trading, and Downstream as well as third party shippers. USPL is also a partner in several joint ventures. In support of these interactions, we maintain a strong business relationship with internal and external customers.Segment
[ "11-Nov-2017" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.