This opening is with the Howmet Research Center, a division of Arconic Power and Propulsion - a world leader in the investment casting of superalloys, aluminum and titanium primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets. For more information on Arconic, visit us online at www.arconic.com.
The person in this position will develop and drive implementation of improved processes and equipment for injection molding. Responsibilities include:
- assist production implementation of state-of-the-art injection molding machines
- lead development and implementation of molding automation
- support the implementation of advanced injection molding tooling
- provide training to plant personnel on advanced injection molding equipment and techniques
- coordinate efforts with equipment and tooling manufacturers to customize equipment for pattern wax and core molding
- BS degree in Engineering
- 5+ years injection molding experience managing projects, process development, or implementation of new technology, OR, a Masters Degree and 3 years of industry experience.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status.
- Experience successfully implementing new technology in a production environment
- Experience molding a wide variety of thermoplastic materials
- Experience utilizing molding simulation techniques
- Experience with auxiliary molding automation technology
- Experience in process development including use of designed experiments.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be organized and able to work in a team environment
- Based on experience, this may be filled with a Job Band 30.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.