The Project Engineer will report to their assigned facility Plant Manager, but may be asked to support other facilities as need. This role develops/manages capital strategy development and implementation for the assigned plant(s) including product or package commercialization projects. Also responsible for following the assigned project management methodology, reporting and tracking performance, schedule and cash flow. The Project Engineer assists with technical support and leadership in beverage manufacturing systems, equipment and processes. The Project Engineer manages capital and execution of projects in the Business Unit in the areas of maintenance, innovation, capability, quality, safety, capacity, facilities and process improvement.
1. Creates capital strategies with plant(s) and communicates them to internal stakeholders and support teams.
2. Develops and/or manages multi-year projects involving potentially multiple manufacturing facilities concurrently implementing project assignments and schedules. Duties include the development of project plans, estimation of costs, coordination of vendors, and supporting execution of projects from conception through start-up and commissioning at agreed performance levels (time, cost, line performance, etc.).
Communication and Collaboration
- Lead the development of plant capital plans - agreeing to programs, priorities, and timing with PSS Teams.
- Manage regular communication routines with plant(s) and support functions to insure alignment and awareness
- Collaborate with Quality, Safety, Environmental, Purchasing, Legal, Operational Excellence, and others to insure appropriate internal checks and warm hand-offs in successful project execution.
- Partner with PSS Strategy to ensure consistent vision for business case development.
- Analyze or develop, communicate and execute new strategic improvement opportunities based upon business knowledge.
- Provide expertise in equipment, machinery operation, manufacturing, etc. for thermal, water, food service, and sparkling platforms to ensure operating efficiencies at production sites.
- Lead and facilitate development of equipment solutions to support product and package initiatives.
- Create and manage capital strategies and communicate them to internal stakeholders and equipment manufacturers.
- Adhere to all CCR requirements for specification and performance.
- Lead the development of the Tier 1 Facilities projects list (under $1MM) – agreeing to projects, priorities, and timing with Sales Ops BU teams
- Lead teams of internal and external stakeholders in addition to working as an individual contributor.
- Lead stakeholders in finding Technical solutions for complex issues.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and influencing skills.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- · Bachelor's degree in engineering or related discipline; equivalent work experience considered.
- · Minimum of 7 years of manufacturing and engineering experience. Preference in beverage, food, aseptic, or dairy manufacturing environments (other CPG experience considered).
- · 5-10 years of manufacturing, engineering, and maintenance experience in advanced processing environments.
- · Proven technical expertise in processes and/or machinery utilized in manufacturing.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; Master’s degree a plus.
- 10 years of working experience in industrial environment.
- Speaking/Presenting - Clearly articulate ideas, opinions, feelings and information in technical presentations and speeches so that the intended purpose is achieved and the needs of the audience are met.
- Collaborating - Work effectively with others to achieve positive results.
- Thinking Analytically - Summarize information concisely and clearly identify key elements, patterns, results, or relationships. Utilizing data to draw conclusions and make fact based decisions.
- Thinking Creatively - Generate innovative "out of the box" approaches and improved solutions that help create incremental gains in manufacturing results.
- Prioritizing - Coordinate and organize resources and people in efficient and effective ways to accomplish larger strategies and goals.
- Computer Skills - Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access with experience developing spreadsheet models, relational databases, and presentations.
- Formalized project planning - utilizing tools and process to develop and track a project
- Technical expertise in processes and/or machinery utilized in the beverage, food, and dairy industries.
Coca-Cola Refreshments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.