What you will do
The Custom Air Handling Unit Project Engineer is a recognized subject matter expert and authority. Performs a full range of field commercial and technical support functions including assignments requiring special qualifications/attainments.How you will do it
What we look for
- Work with the highest level of business ethics and integrity.
- Commit to developing expected leadership behaviors -- to be passionate to win, customer focused, collaborative, and decisive.
- Serve as working manager for team of 2-8 project engineers.
- Provide commercial, competitive and technical application support to the field sales organization on all aspects of Custom Air Handling Units with minimal direction.
- Gather competitive intelligence and industry information on an ongoing basis.
- Perform detailed review of project specifications, schedule, and design drawings.
- Create accurate AutoCAD drawings of customized AHU configurations that reflect customer design intent.
- Ensure the design and layout of the AHU will function as intended.
- Create the final Bill of Material (BOM) for release to purchasing / manufacturing for processing.
- Analyze product requirements and develop alternative innovative designs. Use complex problem-solving techniques requiring regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Provide application training and project management, as required, on Air Handling Systems for the field sales organization.
- Provide technical direction for other engineers, drafters or technicians on specific work assignments.
- Support Customer Visits (factory tours) as necessary.
- Assist Airside Technical Service with field application issues as necessary.
- Work with marketing to develop selection and pricing software requirements and participate in testing of AHU selection and pricing software.
- Review and analyze engineering rules and documents as necessary.
- Recommend cost savings and value engineering alternatives for Air Handling Units and systems.
- Conduct feasibility studies and systems analysis for new applications as necessary.
- Be proficient at preparing, checking, and coordinating the release of documentation to support Custom Air Handling products.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Who we are
- BS degree in Engineering (ABET accredited) or related science
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in HVAC design or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work well with employees and customers at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills (AutoCAD, Microsoft Office) with aptitude for learning a variety of proprietary internal and vendor tools.
- Highly organized and able to effectively manage multiple simultaneous projects.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com