This position is for our Building Construction Systems business group and located in Harrisonburg, Virginia. Kawneer, an Arconic Company, is the leading manufacturer of architectural systems and products in North America with growing presence in Europe, Asia and the Middle East. We have been helping fuel the inspiration of architects and the building team for more than 100 years by providing the commercial construction industry with best-in-class architectural systems and products.
We're continuing to lead the next generation sustainable buildings by focusing on innovative market solutions like high-thermal performance, hurricane resistance, and blast mitigation. We can design custom applications for most any building type, with particular expertise in multi-family , education, health care, public buildings, retail, commercial office space, and sports facilities.
We are seeking a Project Estimator I whose primary purpose is to ensure a customer focused environment through the prompt and efficient execution of cost estimating and closing on sales requests. The position also interfaces with sales and project management in order to ensure proper quoting, purchase orders, and execution of product delivery to the customer.Primary Purpose of the Job:
Essential Knowledge & Skills/Education:
- Monitoring quote box and reviewing and scheduling quote requests as required.
- Prepare material proposals and material take-offs for Kawneer products from customer supplied lists, customer elevations and architectural plans/specifications.
- Interact and work with customers and sales representatives on quote follow-up, order changes, product related issues and customer claims.
- Provide required levels of service to customers where Kawneer is the preferred supplier.
- Coordinate and collaborate with employees and other internal resources on complex projects.
- Develop knowledge of and regularly use Kawneer product portfolio and price book.
- Be a point-of-contact on phone inquiries with expectation of 100% "live call" response and customer assistance without frequently forwarding calls to other front-end employees. Will be expected to learn to schedule orders based on standard lead times or Production Control.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work with customers and sales organization to formulate successful order pursuit strategies.
- Ability to work with customers and sales to formulate successful order pursuit strategies.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook and Excel. KaluCAD & JD Edwards a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions. Ability to function in an environment with tight deadlines.
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited educational institution.
- MS Office Suite Knowledge (Word, Excel, etc)
- Basic mathematics
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
- Associates degree
- Experience in the commercial construction industry