This opening is in our Kawneer business which is located in Harrisonburg, VA. We are the leading manufacturer of architectural aluminum products and systems for the commercial construction industry. Kawneer is part of Arconic's global Building and Construction Systems (BCS) business unit, which manufactures and markets architectural systems and products in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
We are seeking a Project Estimator II
whose Primary Purpose is to ensure a customer focused environment through the prompt and efficient execution of cost estimating and closing on sales requests. The position also interfaces with sales and project management in order to ensure proper quoting, purchase orders, and execution of product delivery to the customer.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Major Activities and Key Challenges Include:
- Understand customer pricing requests: plans and specifications, material lists, simple take-offs, take-offs requiring application engineering, and revisions;
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting architectural plans and specifications;
- Selecting the proper documents/materials for Lead review;
- Creation of Electronic folders / printouts for lead review;
- Maintain schedule and database through level loading;
- Assist Lead in bid/no-bid selectivity;
- Confirm with customer and/or sales regarding scheduling of requests;
- Coordinate with Engineering department for schedule of engineering review;
- Coordination with other Kawneer facilities for package pricing of multiple products;
- Create estimates in KaluCAD;
- Prepare material proposals and material take-offs for Kawneer products from customer supplied lists, customer elevations and architectural plans/specifications;
- Interact and work with customers and sales representatives on quote follow-up, order changes, product related issues and customer claims;
- Provide required levels of service to customers where Kawneer is the preferred supplier;
- Coordinate and collaborate with employees and other internal resources on complex projects;
- Develop knowledge of and regularly use Kawneer product portfolio and price book;
- Use JD Edwards / KaluCAD applications to calculate price concessions based on established guidelines;
- Be a point-of-contact on phone inquiries with expectation of 100% "live call" response and customer assistance without frequently forwarding calls to other front-end employees.
- This is a fast-paced position in an environment with tight deadlines and requires the ability to read and interpret architectural plans and specifications;
- This position requires strong communication skills, attention to detail and computer literacy in working with customers and the sales team. The candidate should be comfortable interacting with a variety of people;
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook and Excel. Will also use KaluCAD & JD Edwards;
- Organization and time management skills;
- Ability to work with customers and sales organization to formulate successful order pursuit strategies;
- Ability to work with customers and sales to formulate successful order pursuit strategies;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions;
- Ability to function in an environment with tight deadlines.
- High School diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience in the construction / architectural industry;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Associates degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in the construction / architectural industry;
- Minimum of 3 years of cost estimating experience;
- Previous experience providing cost estimates for Curtain Wall / Window Wall products;
- Experience using JD Edwards and / or KaluCAD.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.