Project Finance Manager
At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day. Each and every one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives and that to deliver this takes many people with many skill sets. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all of our people. As a Project Finance Manager
, in Gaithersburg, MD
, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.Main Duties and Responsibilities
You're a finance professional ready to join the 'top table' at a global, biopharmaceutical FTSE100 (London stock market) company. You won't find a finance partnering role that's more closely aligned to the business than the exceptional opportunity we're now offering at AstraZeneca/Medimmune in Gaithersburg.
Part of a dynamic, business facing finance group, you will support the business with investment decisions to progress the pipeline, management of development costs and support of key portfolio and post deal management processes.
- As a member of several Early Product Teams, provide financial advice, support and challenge and act as the single point of contact for the Finance queries.
- Provide proactive and innovative financial analysis and scenario modelling to support teams in assessing the cost and value impact of critical project decisions, including clinical trial design and cost,
- Ensure that all investment decisions have an internally consistent, robust financial case supporting them.
- Provide input to all governance body papers (e.g. IMED Leadership Teams, ESPC, and LSPC etc.), leading the preparation of the financial sections
- Ensure senior Finance leaders are appropriately briefed ahead of key decision points, including the Medimmune Finance VP.
- Deliver Post Deal Management Finance support for a number of external agreements in the brand area. This includes understanding and managing AZ financial rights and obligations, communicating this insight to relevant project/function management and to finance departments located in the regional hubs and other SET areas.
- Work with the IMED Finance Lead to monitor the value of R&D spend and assess the impact of any key changes to project development assumptions and key deviations from plan.
- Supporting the Quarterly Portfolio review process with up to date asset valuations
Essential RequirementsEducation and Experience
- Undertake ad hoc project work to assist in the improvement of Project Finance team working practices.
4-5 years of proven track record in forecasting, financial modelling or decision analysis required. Bachelor's degree (
required. MBA preferred and CPA an advantage.Other Skills and Qualifications
- Biotechnology/pharmaceutical experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Proactive analysis and able to communicate a perspective on business results
- Solution driven and able to present multiple scenarios for a given task
- The interpersonal skills to work with senior stakeholders within and outside Finance
- Demonstrated knowledge of global business context
Next Steps - Apply today!
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a complex, global environment while appreciating and respecting cultural and organizational diversity
- Organizational agility -- builds consensus through formal and informal channels and relationships; organizationally savvy
- Customer focus -- dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Strong knowledge of financial modelling and analysis, budgeting and forecasting, and generally accepted accounting principles
- Intellectual and analytical capabilities -- deals exceptionally well with developing concepts and initiatives, complexity, ambiguity and multiple priorities
- Strong bias for action and results
- Integrity and trust -- unwavering commitment to "doing the right thing"
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law . AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
A little about us:
At AstraZeneca, we believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.