Join Exelon Nuclear, and you will be part of a team responsible for operating a nuclear fleet that is the largest in the nation and the third largest in the world.
With 14 operating plants and 23 reactors in Illinois, Maryland, Nebraska, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, Exelon Nuclear provides enough clean energy to power 17 million average American homes annually.
It is recognized as one of the best-run and most efficient nuclear fleets in the world.
Illinois locations: Braceville, Byron, Clinton, Marseilles, Moline, Morris, and Warrenville
Pennsylvania locations: Delta, Kennett Square, Middletown, and Pottstown
New Jersey location: Forked River
New York locations: Ontario and Scriba
Maryland location: Lusby
Exelon Nuclear is looking for a Senior or Mid-Level Project Financial Analyst at our Byron Station in Byron, IL (Western IL)
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
To support Exelon Nuclear Project Managers in the monitoring and controlling of project budget, forecasts and expenditures through the development of project checkbooks and analysis of current and future expenditures.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Applies financial management tools and skills to prepare project checkbooks with input from the project manager that accurately reflect monthly/yearly budgets, forecast of future spends, and actual monthly expenditures. Checkbooks are updated monthly and used to support monthly project financial debriefs.
- Provide detailed analysis of real time monthly project expenditures to ensure costs are properly coded and identify project fiscal discrepancies. Assist project manager with resolution of discrepancies through communications with appropriate vendors or departments.
- Assist project manager in preparing, updating and analyzing project checkbooks including forecasts, actuals, and budgets by taking into account previous month expenditures and accruals/CPAs. Identify any challenges to current year or project overall budget. As part of the forecast, develop project risks and opportunities to the project yearly budget.
- Assists the project manager in the development of PRC and NSAC financial presentations, monthly project reports, and CNO bi-monthly project reviews. Also provide project manager with financial guidance to keep within Exelon accounting practices.
- Perform Ad-hoc analysis and special projects
- B. A. /B. S. degree in financial related field
- Effective analytical skills combined with effective written and verbal skills. A minimum of five years financial budgeting, cost and/or project estimating experience.
- Thorough computer-based analytical skills (e. g. ; Access, Excel-based analysis)
- MBA and /or CPA
- Expertise in PeopleSoft and Hyperion financial systems
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor