In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers' lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company's mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable. Job Location
United States : North Carolina : Charlotte Alternate Job Location
Not Applicable : Not Applicable Job Description
The Brighthouse Technology Project Leader is responsible for the following:
- Oversees and executes projects typically large in scope and complexity
- Identifies, assembles and oversees the resources to support the work including employees and consultants and/or offshore resources
- Works with the customer and business partners to define the approach and scope of projects
- Leads project review meetings, documents project status, updates project plans, resolves issues and reports critical items including action plans to management
- Facilitates required governance and communications
- Performs other duties as assigned or required Principal Responsibilities:
- Working independently, manages large scale projects or oversees multiple related large scale projects
- Identifies resources needed, assembles project team, assigns individual responsibilities
- Communicates with Project Management counterparts, customers and project stakeholders to ensure continuing alignment with project objectives
- Manages stakeholder (customers, vendors, etc.) and team expectations
- Manages assigned resources to ensure on- time completion of planned tasks
- Identifies and mitigates issues and risks
- Works with various areas of the organization within and outside the Technology organization including clients, project members, management, vendors, and other LOB's
- Leads project teams (virtual, matrix) and applies project management processes (including managing stakeholder expectations, communications, budget management, schedule management, performance reporting, etc.) to a project
- Maintains scope, cost and schedule of projects through management of the project or sub-project team and interaction with the Project Sponsor
- Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to commonly adopted processes and standards for project management
- Builds and maintains effective on-going communications and relationships between the project team and management to ensure that the project is completed in a manner that satisfies project objectives Dimensions:
- Functional oversight and matrix management
- Provides guidance and subject matter expertise to members of the project team
- Manages the relationship of vendor sourced solutions and consultants, as necessary Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience in various business or technology roles with progressive responsibility, preferably within the financial services industry
- 5+ years project management experience
- Proficient with project management concepts such as Scope, Communication, Financial and Risk Management practices
- Detailed knowledge and/or experience with technology concepts and Software Development Life Cycle methodologies (e.g., Agile, Iterative, Waterfall); Agile experience preferred
- Extensive experience with managing offshore teams and/or vendors
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, inclusive of written, verbal and listening
- Customer Service Orientation and strong teamwork
- PMP certification is a plus
- Analytic and strategic thinker capable of translating senior-level direction and corporate risk management policies and procedures into structured, practical, efficient and effective business processes. Able to achieve results in a matrix setting through stewardship, influence, motivation and change leadership.
- Problem-solver with the ability to translate qualitative and quantitative information into actionable recommendations.
- Strong leader with demonstrated sound business judgment. Able to inspire the trust, confidence and respect of peers and other senior leaders. Develops talent for the future.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills - including oral and written communications, relationship building, collaboration, influencing, negotiation and conflict mediation - across a broad range of levels in the organization
- Advanced skills in business management tools including: email, the Internet, Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Project and Access
- Experience working with project and technology portfolio management and risk management tools and data facilities Preferred Qualifications
- People management experience preferred
- Financial Services and / or Insurance Industry experience preferred
- Preferred background in corporate systems supporting business functions that include: Accounting, Actuarial, Financial Planning & Analysis, Human Resources, Reinsurance, Tax and / or Treasury Required Education
- Bachelor's degree and related field experience required Travel
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 12M