Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We’re on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they’ve earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
The Brighthouse Technology Project Leader is responsible for the following:
- Oversees and executes projects typically large in scope and complexity
- Identifies, assembles and oversees the resources to support the work including employees and consultants and/or offshore resources
- Works with the customer and business partners to define the approach and scope of projects
- Leads project review meetings, documents project status, updates project plans, resolves issues and reports critical items including action plans to management
- Facilitates required governance and communications
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Working independently, manages large scale projects or oversees multiple related large scale projects
- Identifies resources needed, assembles project team, assigns individual responsibilities
- Communicates with Project Management counterparts, customers and project stakeholders to ensure continuing alignment with project objectives
- Manages stakeholder (customers, vendors, etc.) and team expectations
- Manages assigned resources to ensure on- time completion of planned tasks
- Identifies and mitigates issues and risks
- Works with various areas of the organization within and outside the Technology organization including clients, project members, management, vendors, and other LOB’s
- Leads project teams (virtual, matrix) and applies project management processes (including managing stakeholder expectations, communications, budget management, schedule management, performance reporting, etc.) to a project
- Maintains scope, cost and schedule of projects through management of the project or sub-project team and interaction with the Project Sponsor
- Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to commonly adopted processes and standards for project management
- Builds and maintains effective on-going communications and relationships between the project team and management to ensure that the project is completed in a manner that satisfies project objectives
- Functional oversight and matrix management
- Provides guidance and subject matter expertise to members of the project team
- Manages the relationship of vendor sourced solutions and consultants, as necessary
- 7+ years of experience in various business or technology roles with progressive responsibility, preferably within the financial services industry
- 5+ years project management experience
- Proficient with project management concepts such as Scope, Communication, Financial and Risk Management practices
- Detailed knowledge and/or experience with technology concepts and Software Development Life Cycle methodologies (e.g., Agile, Iterative, Waterfall); Agile experience preferred
- Extensive experience with managing offshore teams and/or vendors
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, inclusive of written, verbal and listening
- Customer Service Orientation and strong teamwork
- PMP certification is a plus
- Analytic and strategic thinker capable of translating senior-level direction and corporate risk management policies and procedures into structured, practical, efficient and effective business processes. Able to achieve results in a matrix setting through stewardship, influence, motivation and change leadership.
- Problem-solver with the ability to translate qualitative and quantitative information into actionable recommendations.
- Strong leader with demonstrated sound business judgment. Able to inspire the trust, confidence and respect of peers and other senior leaders. Develops talent for the future.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills – including oral and written communications, relationship building, collaboration, influencing, negotiation and conflict mediation – across a broad range of levels in the organization
- Advanced skills in business management tools including: email, the Internet, Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Project and Access
- Experience working with project and technology portfolio management and risk management tools and data facilities
- People management experience preferred
- Financial Services and / or Insurance Industry experience preferred
- Preferred background in corporate systems supporting business functions that include: Accounting, Actuarial, Financial Planning & Analysis, Human Resources, Reinsurance, Tax and / or Treasury
- Bachelor’s degree and related field experience required
Brighthouse Financial is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is Brighthouse Financial's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Brighthouse Financial is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation in order to complete an employment application, please contact our Employee Relations Department at 1-866-635-9230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All other unrelated inquires will not be acknowledged.