Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Project Leader, Quality Engineering to be located in Jacksonville, Florida or Limerick, Ireland.
VISTAKON®, a division of Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, is a worldwide company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe / Middle East / Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Since we introduced soft disposable contact lenses in 1988, no other manufacturer has matched the aggressive expansion of our wide-ranging ACUVUE® family of products. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding the ACUVUE® brand, and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the contact lens industry.
The Project Leader will represent expertise in the organization in the discipline of project, program and portfolio management. This role is accountable for achieving project objectives, ensuring effective integration of new systems and technologies, meeting time and budget requirements, directing all project resources, coordinating work between different organizations and helping the business partner(s) realize the desired business goals for the project(s). This person will lead and mentor other associates, including engineers and scientists.
• Provides advanced expertise in their area of responsibility through team leadership and business partnership.
• Manages multiple moderate size projects lasting up to one year (generally not more than 2 or 3 at one time). Some of the projects involve aligning and coordinating resources in different groups within the business.
• Acts as a key resource on other larger projects and serves as a consultant with cross-functional team members (e.g., internal and external).
• Works effectively as part of a team.
• Able to understand the content of technical topics dealing with the manufacturing of contact lenses.
• Independently troubleshoots more complex problems and suggests effective resolutions.
• Selects tools and methodologies for projects, following compliance and company guidelines.
• Leads the assessment of the technical and economic feasibility of proposed solutions and provides appropriate recommendations based on industry trends, internal benchmarking, and vendor relationships.
• Balances between Quality & Compliance standards and strategies and business needs to guide well-informed decisions.
• Applies compliance requirements within scope of responsibility, provides documentation as necessary, and participates in compliance activities as required.
• Provides work process reviews and provides balanced/constructive feedback.
• Mentors and guides junior-level staff.Qualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering or related technical field.
• A minimum of 6+ years related experience is required.
• Demonstrated project management and project leadership abilities are required.
• Experience with a proven track record of implementing appropriate risk mitigation is required. Experience working in both an FDA and European regulatory environment is preferred.
• This position will require relevant experience working in manufacturing/operations.
• The ability to perform "hands on" troubleshooting and problem solving is required. The ability to think on the feet and providing sound judgment is highly desired.
• Understanding of the NPI (New Product Introduction) process and Process Validation expertise is preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of product/process Risk Management (FDA and ISO standards) is preferred.
• Advanced Technical Training and experience using Lean and Six Sigma Methodologies is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of analytics techniques is preferred with the ability to preview, graph and analyze data and be able to present data that facilitates/drives decision making.
• Excellent technical understanding of manufacturing equipment and processes is preferred.
• A thorough understanding of GMP/ISO regulations and validation regulations is preferred.
• Strong mentoring, coaching and leadership skills are required.
• This position has 25% domestic travel with possibility for international travel and will be based in Jacksonville, Florida or Limerick, Ireland.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
LI NAPrimary Location
United States-Florida-JacksonvilleOther Locations
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)Job Function
Quality (Generalist)Requisition ID