Prudential Financial leverages a single Global Instance of the Oracle eBusiness Suite to support business operations in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia. The eBusiness Application Support Team is seeking candidates with significant experience to support on-going maintenance, continuous improvement and further expansion of our application and user base.
This position is for ‘Project Management, Associate, Financial Application Support.”
The ‘Project Management Associate, Financial Application Support’ role is responsible for supporting growth and maintenance activities within Prudential’s General Ledger (GL) Application Support Team. This resource is expected to participate in full lifecycle Financial Application implementation initiatives and help manage/maintain the existing application base in accordance with a controlled systems development lifecycle (SDLC) and global design standards.
- Participate in the design, build and implementation of financial system solutions, utilizing the Oracle eBusiness Suite General Ledger, to solve complex business requirements; help bridge the gap between ‘business problems’ and ‘technology solutions’
- Identify, document and/or execute aspects of the following as a member of the GL Team: As-Is Processes, Business Requirements, To-Be Solutions, Functional Specifications, Configuration, Test Plans and Test Scripts
- Collaborate with technical development teams and help coordinate work efforts when addressing new implementations, functionality enhancements, application updates and performance issues
- Assist with issue resolution and work directly with users on Tier II Help Desk issues; initiate and manage Service Requests (SRs) with Oracle Support
- Execute assigned tasks associated with projects, maintenance and BAU activities
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 1.5 years experience in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Familiarity with Financial Reporting, including GAAP Consolidation Methods; ability to run Financial Reports or Queries and interpret the results
- Familiarity with USGAAP Foreign Currency concepts that relate to Financial Reporting (FASB-52) such as Conversion, Revaluation & Translation.
- Experience with Financial Reconciliations
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, high level of determination and positive demeanor; ability to drive change in a fast paced, changing environment
- Solid communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written; the ability to work in a collaborative manner
- Demonstrated ability communicate in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to travel as required for international initiatives
- Proficiency in the following MS Office Applications: Excel, Word & PowerPoint