McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Project Management Development Program Associate - Pennsylvania State University
Throughout your experience in the program, you will rely heavily on the leadership skills you’ve honed during your college experience. You will lead cross-functional teams to ensure our systems and associates are poised for success as they deliver value to the organization. Participants should be adaptable to their environment, eager to learn, and comfortable in new spaces. They will drive value as they work to identify risks and remove or raise issues that stand in their way.
About the Project Management Development Program:
As a member of our two-year, Project Management Development Program (PMDP), you'll have the freedom to explore different roles, teams, and projects while zeroing-in on the career that's right for you. Participants will have exposure and training in various delivery methods, such as Agile, Process Management, Project Management, and Risk Management. Conceived of as a career accelerator to foster the next generation of leading talent, the PMDP provides the framework to develop cross-functional delivery skills and gain hands on experience delivering on key initiatives for Capital One.
Students with degrees in business, engineering, economics, or information systems majors with strong leadership experience are preferred. Will obtain or have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or higher between December 2015 and August 2017
- A challenging role on an awesome team;
- The opportunity to rotate roles at the 12-month mark in the Program;
- Mentorship with Director + level leaders within the organization;
- On-going professional and personal training through Meet Ups, Lunch N Learns, and our award-winning Capital One University;
- Regular networking opportunities with peers and executives;
Role responsibilities include:
- Building a positive and motivating team environment
- Demonstrating strong and open communication and leadership skills with team members and outside business partners
- Communicating and facilitating effectively across diverse audiences within and outside of their team
- Driving the team to focus on critical deliverables and tasks
- Executing on team deliverables as needed with high attention to detail
- Keeping information about the team's progress up-to-date, accurate, appropriately detailed, and visible to all parties
- Removing obstacles for the team or direct the obstacles to appropriate leaders for a quick resolution
- Implementing necessary communications and change activities associated with initiatives such as product launches, technology changes, and process improvements
- Building and leading team schedules
- Identifying and finding resources needed to achieve team goals
- Facilitating daily team meetings and assisting the team in reviewing and demonstrating their finished work to business partners
- Using information and interactions to make good judgment on risks, issues, and the need for issues
- Current student or alumni of Pennsylvania State University
- Will obtain or have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or higher between December 2015 and August 2017
- In process of obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in business, marketing, management, engineering or economics
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.