EI Program Implementation Manager:
The position is in the for a Program Implementation Manager role in the Enterprise Infrastructure (EI) Portfolio Oversight and Delivery (EI-POD) team, responsible for providing central project management services to the core infrastructure group for Morgan Stanley. The team is responsible for providing overall governance and coordination across the EI portfolio of programs and projects.
The Program Implementation Manager will work as part of the EI-POD team and be responsible for providing coordinating and managing EI's implementation of project management lifecycle framework and requirements. This position will partner with EI Portfolio Leads, Tower Leads, and Analytics Team in driving consistency, transparency and prioritization into EI project delivery and financials. The position will partner with EI stakeholders to drive initiatives to streamline and improve EI's project management processes and quality. In addition, the position will represent EI in firm wide discussions and working groups and ensure alignment between firm wide and EI approaches.
This position requires a strong background in large enterprise-level project management execution as well as high level of expertise in business process re-engineering and operation transformation experience. The ability to communicate effectively is critical as the position will work closely with both executive management in setting directions and operational teams in implementing those directions. Operational management background is critical as the position will be leading the central program/project management office to drive overall execution and provide progress/metrics to senior management.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Implement and enhance EI's program delivery governance framework and execution (e.g., central standards/PLC, reporting/metrics, governance forums, roles/responsibilities, tools, documentations)
• Execute EI program delivery management processes (e.g., governance and management forums, issues/action tracking, metrics, report, communication/training, "Big Rocks" processes/reporting)
• Partner with stakeholders in improving the structure and alignment of EI programs/projects (e.g., refinement of structure approach, providing ongoing metrics of realignment)
• Represent EI in T&D forums for centralized portfolio/program related activities and initiatives (e.g., framework definition, policy/standards, tooling, reporting, execution)
• Partner with senior management in driving the implementation of Portfolio Manager and related processes
• Drive the assessment and enhancement of program management metrics (e.g., KPIs, footprint, delivery/financial/progress, quality/hygiene, compliance) at all levels (e.g., executive, portfolio, program, project levels)
• Implement EI Program Management end-to-end training (e.g., curriculum, training material/workshops, reference material, tracking)
Manage and streamline EI's implementation of SDLC/PLC as part of ongoing program delivery management processes
• Bachelor's Degree or higher
• Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/SharePoint/Visio/Project), especially Excel pivots
• At least 8 years of Program/Project Management or related work experience, with a strong conceptual and practical understanding of project lifecycle
• Proven record/experience in managing and implementing large scale, cross-regional programs/projects (e.g., cross time-zones, regions, teams/management)
• Proven record/experience in business process reengineering and implementation (e.g., requirements gathering, roles/responsibilities definition, RACI, process flow, training, organizational changes)
• Able to work and manage teams in a matrix-reporting environment (i.e., direct and indirect staff/teams)
• Ability to influence peers and senior team leaders and peers necessary to accomplish team goals
• Strong leadership skills, with a proven track record of setting vision and leading projects at times of change
• Proficient in handling multiple responsibilities and tasks simultaneously
• Self-driven and adaptive to a changing, fast-paced environment; Delivery-focused (e.g., end-to-end ownership)
• Proven ability to successfully negotiate / mediate / manage conflict and issues, proven team leadership and meeting facilitation skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills at both operational and executive management levels
• Strong executive presence, able to interact, present, escalate, and influence senior management
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.