GE Global Operations
Global Operations North America
GE Global Operations is GE's shared services organization. We deliver processes in every business and every region around the world. In Finance, Supply Chain, Tax, Commercial Operations, HR Operations, EHS, Enterprise Data and IT, we are simplifying the way we work to create better outcomes at lower cost for GE and our customers. We foster rewarding career opportunities that expand horizons, enhance skills, and maximize potential.
We strive to be the world's best shared services operation, enabling GE's strategy by delivering for our customers, businesses, investors and employees.
Find out more athttp://www.ge.com/careers/global-operations/cincinnati
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Project Management Lead Specialist
Lean Six Sigma
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
As the Project Management Lead Specialist you will execute projects to grow GE Global Operations. You will work with Senior Project Managers to ensure the delivery of projects to meet overall business quality, speed, and cost objectives.
* Provide project management support across key initiatives.
* Define, track, and report project deliverables.
* Translate customer needs & requirements into detailed project plans.
* Lead the execution of these plans including establishing & gaining alignment on a schedule of activities leading to completion with clear milestones, deliverables, & acceptance criteria defined.
* Manage progress on schedule, budget & quality goals, using project management methodology throughout project life-cycle.
* Act as the primary contact for your stakeholders.
* Identify and manage risks for your deliverables including tracking risks, escalating issues, and coordinating resolution.
* Monitor and communicate progress including planning and leading toll gate reviews with key stakeholders.
* Work across project work streams to ensure effective integration; seek process improvement opportunities; actively contribute to project rigor & effectiveness.
* Bachelors' degree from an accredited university or college in a relevant field of study with 2-4 years of experience in project management (or a high school diploma/GED or equivalent with at least 6 years of experience in project management)
* Minimum 2 years' experience leading projects, process improvements, and/or quality efforts or in the relevant functional area
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Prior project management experience, ideally in a shared services environment.
* Creative problem solver with strong collaboration skills.
* Excellent written & verbal communications skills; able to articulate technical concepts in non-technical terms.
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task, perform in a fast-paced environment & respond quickly to situational needs as they arise.
* Comfortable with change, ambiguity, open environment, lack of structure
* Project Management Certification and/or Six Sigma / Lean Certification
* Resourceful, flexible, agile, quick learner; self-motivated.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.