GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
At GE Oil & Gas Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It's about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it's about the future of industry-energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It's about making the world work better.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Technical Project Analyst
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Project Management Specialist will be responsible for project delivery and monitor and analyze project status, schedules, contracts risk, and financials working closely with the project manager, customers, project team and support functions to identify and resolve potential issues that may impact customer expectations or project performance.
In parallel of the Project activities, the Project Management Specialist will support the team's major initiative of process overhaul and integration / harmonization, bringing imaginative ideas and personal involvement in a developing team.
In addition, you will:
* Monitor and analyze project financials through work breakdown structure, "as sold", "baseline budget", "estimate-to-complete" and change control
* Communicate and maintain billing schedules, collection schedules, and sales forecasts
* Analyze customer purchase orders for potential cost, schedule, or contractual issues
* Ensure timely & accurate receipt of supplier invoices & subsequent payments
* Provide document control support for customer and supplier submittals
* Establish and maintain project administrative files and records
* Schedule and drive meetings to assigned projects with timely and proactive management to cost and cycle impacts
* Own early warning identification of potential issues and drive RCA (Root Cause Analysis) functional ownership to reduce Cost to Recover exposure
* Make improvements in processes and procedures
* Ensure necessary support is obtained from Engineering and other functions in order to meet the project objectives and/or milestones
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a project or process management position)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in project planning & administration
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Must be willing to travel roughly 10% of the time
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA / Longmont, CO / New Orleans, LA / Houston, TX
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Working knowledge of a common ERP system (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
* Working knowledge of scheduling tools (Microsoft Project, Primavera P6)
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
* Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving abilities
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization
* Familiarity with budgets, finance
* Familiar with modern project management techniques and software systems
* Committed to maintaining the highest standards of service quality in all aspects of project delivery
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.