Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The Data Product Development group is a key component of Visa's Technology organization that provides the enabling technology and processes to manage Visa's data assets and deliver value added information products and services to customers. Areas of focus include the Visa Data Platform, Business Intelligence, Loyalty, Commercial Card, Risk and Authentication, and other core revenue generating areas within Visa. The team is dedicated to building on past successes and is committed to leveraging Visa's data in the most efficient and secure way which maximizes the profit potential of this vital corporate asset. The group maintains 10+ petabytes of data in over 90 data systems for various internal lines of business and external clients. We provide services on behalf of traditional bank customers to millions of cardholders and merchants around the world. Our application development is on the cutting edge of technology, and we are viewed as innovative leaders within our industry.
A strong candidate will have a solid experience with technology/ product program management, people management, x-functional team leadership, as well as superb skills in communications, business analysis, problem-solving, cross-team coordination, communications, project/program management, processes, and change management. The ideal candidate is not just a facilitator or project plan tracker but ensures things get done. The ideal candidate must have a drive to get things done and a "make it happen" attitude.
The Project Manager will have primary responsibility for managing projects within the Commercial Project Management Office. Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for managing large scale, cross divisional projects with budgets in excess of $10M.
- Work with Product Owners to develop project roadmaps which align to business objectives and sequenced by priority and resource availability.
- Management of multiple Scrum Teams with geographically distributed team members.
- Drive Scrum Teams to self-organization, utilizing Agile Best Practices
- Responsible for end-to-end Feature Management, i.e., Feature Grooming, Feature/Release Planning, Sprint Cycle, Release Management
- Drive efficiency by utilizing Visa Project Management Methodology, processes and tools, i.e., Charters, Financials, Gates
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to all stakeholders; hold regular cross organizational management briefings.
- Lead boldly and utilize hard and soft skills to influence participants of all levels towards the common goal.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and issues.
- Maintain meticulous records of projects and programs financials, issues, risks, decisions, schedules.
- Exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor.
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
- A BA/BS or equivalent work experience is required. Concentration in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. MBA is a plus.
- CSM certification is required.
- 8+ years of project management experience including 3+ years using Agile methodology.
- Experience with Agile frameworks like SCRUM, XP, Lean & Kanban.
- Proficient knowledge in software development lifecycle and project management methodology.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally as needed.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically.
- Expert ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint).
- Experience with tools like Rally, Jira and Wiki.
- SPC certification is a plus, but not required
- Financial services and card payments experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Visa's financial, Annual Operating Plan, and Technology processes is a plus but not required.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.