Project Manager M/F - Secure Infrastructure Domain
Come as you are. Do what you love.
Who are we?
We are part of Enterprise Services Global Domains and are dedicated to delivering on Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
Our mission is to drive customer success by making the market, championing and supporting consumption and providing full lifecycle support. As we transform our business to deliver on this mission we have a unique opportunity to enable our customers’ innovation and growth in a mobile first – cloud first world.
The Global Domains are aligned by technology to create agile delivery teams - Secure Infrastructure is the biggest of the five core technical domains that have been formed, we cover 20+ Products including Azure Infrastructure, Windows Server, Windows Client, System Centre, Hyper-V, VMM, Active Directory, Azure AD, Azure RMS, Devices & Application Management, Cyber, and Security & Identity.
Project Managers are vital roles within Services tasked with taking ownership for delivery of one or more technology projects for our clients. You will be responsible for delivery execution and predictable, successful high quality of delivery (accomplished on time, on budget and per agreed scope) resulting in good customer satisfaction. Typical project budgets will be around $1 million and a virtual team size between 5-30 resources. Not all projects are huge in terms of budget or size but they are all complex and vary immensely depending on the technology being deployed, client and scope of work.
Engagements with Microsoft Services range from two weeks to three years, encompassing anything from enterprise consulting to infrastructure architecture to large scale applications development. Typical projects that you will be responsible for managing will be larger and longer projects, 6-12 months in duration. Put simply, your role will be to deliver & delight our customers and enable them to realise their full potential through Microsoft software and services.
The role requires circa 60-80% travel to and from our customer sites, this will be predominantly in the country you are based, but potentially across EMEA. This can be from just one or two days a week to full time at our customer sites.
What will you do?
• Core project management. We need solid core Project Management skills including financial management, planning, scheduling, reporting, resource management, communications, risk management, dependencies, scope, time quality & budget.
• Technology. You will need to rely on your experience delivering complex, technical projects (ideally IT infrastructure projects) and the unique challenges faced with these types of projects. Specific technology is not so important (ideally Microsoft) but a good breadth of knowledge is essential.
• Flexibility & adaptability. This is a hands-on project management role and will suit those individuals who are passionate about detailed project management. We need those prepared & motivated to get involved and rely on initiative, tenacity and focus to get projects across the line, exceeding expectations.
• Impact. We need people who can make things happen – you will need to re-plan, come up with fresh ideas, start again and stay positive when the pressure mounts. You will be communicating with senior stakeholders with very high expectations and we look for those focussed on outcomes and deliverables.
Who are you?
• You’re experienced in IT delivery within an IT services/consulting company where you have delivered customer facing projects as part of an external IT service, in the role of day to day project management including staffing, milestones, cost management, deliverables.
• You’re a confident communicator and are comfortable building relationships within key business partners and peers and also clients at all levels (up / down / peers)
• You’re experienced in supporting contractual & commercial management and execution
• You have solid skills in executive relationship management
• You’re customer obsessed and service excellence is key for you
• You’re passionate about technology: experience in either infrastructure, cloud and security is essential
• Prince II, PMI, PMP (or alike) Certified Project Manager desirable
• Fluency in German and English language
What’s the deal?
Naturally we offer all the benefits you would expect from Microsoft, as well as competitive salary, there is also a flexi benefits program that you can shape to your family and lifestyle preferences!
Join an international work environment that is characterized by flexibility, an informal atmosphere, and a fast pace. We offer competitive pay and a wide range of benefits. Microsoft acknowledges your performance by investing in your health and financial future and by ensuring your work-life-balance. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. Join an international work environment that is characterized by flexibility, an informal atmosphere, and a fast pace. We offer competitive pay and a wide range of benefits. Microsoft acknowledges your performance by investing in your health and financial future and by ensuring your work-life-balance.
Microsoft’s privacy statement can be viewed on the following web page: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/privacystatement
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.