At IBM, we are driven to help our clients transform themselves and take full advantage of the cloud and IBM Bluemix Infrastructure plays a key roll with its global cloud presence that continues to grow and expand its reach. We are looking for a talented Project Manager/Scrum Master
with DevOps and Software Engineering experience to join us in Rochester, MN.
We seek individuals who innovate and share our passion for winning in the cloud marketplace. The ideal candidate will be working alongside fellow software engineering professionals, as we continue to develop and improve the software that powers the Cloud. This area of Engineering is responsible for the technical design, service implementation and support of one of the world's largest and most interconnected set of data centers. If you are a talented professional who is passionate about technology, seeks responsibility, thrives when empowered and understands the importance of personal accountability, we want to talk to you!
The successful candidate will work as a Project Manager as part of the Infrastructure Services Compute team with a focus on the following key responsibilities:
- • Plan, initiate, and manage IT projects
• Monitor project/team performance through quantitative and qualitative measures of value, outcome, velocity, morale, and satisfaction
• Develop, implement, and promote Agile best practice standards including the use of boards and tools where appropriate
• Coordinate between and among Agile teams for progress and impediments via Scrum of Scrums and project management oversight
• Collaborates with executive leadership team on portfolio governance for Scrum, Kanban, and other projects
• Facilitates organizational learning, change management, and process adoption of Agile via metrics, benefits realization, outcomes, and retrospective findings
• Prepare for and facilitate daily scrum and biweekly sprint planning & backlog grooming ceremonies
• Be an advocate, coach, and thought leader for the Agile and Scrum methodology
• Brings high energy, motivation, and focus to the team
• Fostering a motivating culture of openness, collaboration, and continuous improvement
• Escalating and/or resolving impediments to help your team be successful
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent military experience
- Exceptional verbal, written, and teaming skills, organizational abilities and demonstrated multi-tasking abilities.
- Minimum of 2 years of hands on experience as Scrum Master/Project Manager working in an IT environment
- Minimum of 3 years of Agile Scrum/Kanban experience
- Demonstrates competence around the areas of product knowledge, relationship building, professionalism and personal excellence, leadership, people focus, and business development.
- Experience transforming from Waterfall to Agile Methodology
- Experience working independently in a fast paced, unstructured environment
- Foundational knowledge of both agile and non-agile project methodologies
- Scrum master or other agile certification
- Former Software Development Experience
- 5+ years' of experience with agile/DevOps Development Practices
- Strong understanding of cloud infrastructure
- Experience with Atlassian products, including Jira, Confluence
- At least 5 years of project/program management experience
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.