This role is responsible for leading a project team in delivering a solution to the customer using the appropriate business measurements and terms and conditions for the project according to the project charter, project agreement or contract. They have overall performance responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables, which includes applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management. They are responsible for managing all project resources, including subcontractors, and for establishing an effective communication plan with the project team and the customer. They provide day to day direction to the project team and regular project status to the customer. The employee guides functional objectives or technologies.
- Professional knowledge related to incumbent's function/business unit and its processes.
- Communication/Negotiation: Advise other professionals. Effectively utilize group dynamics. Negotiate to define approaches and goals.
- Problem Solving: Recognize complex problems related to functional objectives. Analyze situations and implement solutions, or develop new system elements, procedures or processes. Creativity and judgment applied to developmental work on different projects within the business environment.
- Contribution/Leadership: Provides ongoing technical /operational guidance to lead professional work teams, conducts special projects, or manages department(s) (national or international). Understand department/ functional mission and vision. Defines and decides objectives within specified business concept or project and may have responsibility for tools and assigned resources. Utilizes expertise to directly influence people outside department or function. Sometimes no precedent exists.
- Impact on Business/Scope: Accountable for department results and for activities and/or projects involving multi-functional teams. Regularly participates in overall functional program planning. Activities are subject to business measurements, impact customer satisfaction, and impact project costs or expenses.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.