Project Manager of Business Plan and Special Reporting
Company: Penske Truck Leasing
Location: Reading, Pennsylvania
Posted: November 02, 2017
Reference ID: 1707232
The Project Manager of Business Plan and Special Reporting will be responsible for the overall direction and completion of the Business Plan Process. Will plan, direct, and coordinate activities of Business Plan to ensure that milestones are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
This position will also be responsible for the completion of certain monthly/quarterly/yearly analysis and reporting packages which will be completed and presented to the Manager of FPA for final approval. Examples of reports may include: monthly internal P&L summary reports, quarterly and yearly tax summaries, external partner reporting, management reporting, capital forecasts, and overhead cost control reports.
Annual Business Plan
- Responsible for the coordination and communication of the steps required for the completion of the nine month business plan process. Major milestones are:
- Delivery of multiple training sessions to the field and corporate locations personnel in regards to the uploading of financial data into the AS400
- Training all members of the FPA department to be able to receive and address any questions that come via the FPA telephone hotline
- Accurate and timely upload and validation of all Business plan revenue and cost information to match the financial targets set by Penske Truck Leasing senior management
- Design and completion of the Powerpoint presentations for the Business Plan Executive Reviews
- As deemed necessary by the Manager of FPA, this position will responsible for both recurring reporting and ad-hoc project requests.
- This position will be required to collaborate with the Manager of FPA to explore and execute upon opportunities to streamline processes and/or develop analysis methodologies which help to better explain historical results and ultimately improve forecasting accuracy.
- Other projects as assigned by the manager
- BA in Accounting/Finance/Economics required; MBA/CPA/CMA highly preferred
- Project Management experience required
- At least 3-6 years finance/analysis experience, with proven aptitude in operational analysis, budgeting and forecasting in a multinational company.
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must be able to manage and meet multiple simultaneous deadlines to multiple internal/external customers with fast turnaround times
- Must have strong analytical capabilities and ability to understand complex projection models - both the technical and theoretical aspects
- Advanced Excel skills required. Prior experience with HFM or similar software package is a plus
- Must be able to clearly communicate analytical findings, orally and in writing
- Must interface with all levels of personnel from accounting clerk to Senior VPs
- Visualization and "Big Data" analytics experience is a plus
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, GE Capital Holdings and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 250,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.