Primary Purpose of the job:
Major activities/Key challenges:
- Responsible for servicing our customers needs for large fabricated and/or Stock length projects and dealing with day to day activities within the customer service area.
- Manage process flow throughout the front-end and manufacturing process (including estimating, drafting, engineering, and takeoff) by problem solving and best practice sharing, in order to support customer needs.
- Responsible to manage a total backlog of between $4M - $6M.
- Prepare construction project timelines as needed.
- Position is in direct communication with: customers, sales team, order processing team members and manufacturing personnel.
- Resolves customer concerns and field issues.
- Self-directed and works independently.
- Coordinates and advances project status, from Order Entry through Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Interacts with Customers (both internal and external) and Sales Representative.
Essential Knowledge & Skills/Education
- Understand market needs (customer needs, competitive information).
- Act as a liaison between the customers and Kawneer.
- Obtain profitable orders (understanding of job margins and determining any issues).
- Must be self-motivated, people-oriented, service -oriented, and possess the ability to work with others.
- Must have file management and computer skills in all Kawneer front-end applications as well as organizational/time management skills.
- Must possess conflict management skills.
- Front-End employees
- Manufacturing Manager/Supervisors/Leads/Employees
A little about us:
Alcoa is a global leader in lightweight metals technology, engineering and manufacturing, innovating multi-material solutions that advance our world.