The Project Manager provides client and team leadership and is responsible for facilitating all phases of project work from concept to fulfillment. He/she is regarded by the client as a trusted expert for the agency side of the client’s business. The PM leads the day-to-day management and optimization of projects for the client, assesses risk, determines goals and is the key client contact for day-to-day communications and tasks. He/she masters and maintains brand standards, direction and strategy and has vast knowledge of the client’s business, the competition and industry trends. The PM works closely with designers, copywriters, production and account managers to set project milestones, create project timelines and track schedules ensuring all deliverable deadlines are met on time, on brand and to client specifications.
- Act as primary point-of-contact for day-to-day client needs.
- Partner with account, creative and production team to manage projects from concept to fulfillment.
- Lead day-to-day management and optimization of projects.
- Maintain knowledge of and adherence to facility procedures, operations and protocols
- Master and maintain knowledge of client’s business, competition and latest industry news and trends.
- Generate project briefs/scoping documents at direction and approval of account team.
- Provide point of view on best practices and solutions across functions.
- Plan, coordinate and direct creative teams to ensure the briefs are executed accurately and effectively.
- Provide account teams with appropriate insight into client’s strategic business and branding initiatives.
- Evaluate work against client’s brand standards
- Attend and set relevant client meetings, bringing in appropriate resources from other departments as needed.
- Set project milestones, create project estimates and track schedules
- Proactively manage client to schedule, adjusting for missed milestones and scope creep.
- Ensure all deliverable deadlines are met for all individuals and parts involved in the process.
- Monitor client’s budgets for accuracy and timeliness.
- Proactively set and manage client expectations.
- Responsible for early detection of issues that may require escalation
- Management of vendor engagement and relationship.
- Research of print technology and vendors; generation of print and vendor quotes; creation and maintenance of purchase orders.
- Prepare projects for invoicing with all necessary documentation, including a final check/reconciliation of work completed to approved estimate.
- Trains other employees as needed.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.