Technology Portfolio & Governance Reporting Lead / Manager
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses?and to our own.
Technology Division Management (TDM)
Division Management is a global team that serves a centralized function across the Technology organization, including functions such as: Financial and Workforce Management, Portfolio Governance, Training and College Recruitment, Space & Office Management, and People Programs
The candidate will report to the head of Portfolio Governance, and have responsibility for the following areas:
- Portfolio: analytics, policy management / standard setting, data management
- Senior management portfolio status reporting: consolidating data, analyzing data and synthesizing for senior management
- Portfolio and Delivery Management tools, processes, and standards
- Leading cross-divisional projects
- Diagnostics & Analysis: Identify hotspots to meaningfully advise where management should focus to mitigate possible technology portfolio delivery or financial risks.
- Change Agenda: Drive improvements to end-to-end project lifecycle activities (onboarding, delivery management, application deployments and decommissioning). Coordinate across technology divisions to drive tools and reporting roadmap, including requirements definition and user acceptance testing.
- Management Information & Reporting: Manage standing reporting activities, and coordinate the production of portfolio reporting to senior management. Develop strong understanding of the data/sources (project delivery, technology assets, resourcing, financial). Promote and provide subject matter expert support for firm tools relevant to data and reporting. Continuously drive improvements to golden source portfolio data quality.
- Policies & Procedures: Collaborate with stakeholders to drive adherence with Technology standards (e.g., Project Lifecycle Management (PLC). *LI-DC1
The role requires the candidate to be an effective leader, have strong communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently in a fast paced environment. A successful candidate will be expected to convey information in a concise and timely manner, work constructively across the Technology divisions and other stakeholders.
Qualifications & skills required:
- 6-10 years of relevant portfolio management, or management consulting experience in financial services.
- Producing documents that effectively communicate with senior management, i.e. creating stories proposing insights
- Highly analytical with experience in using objective data to drive strategic recommendations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment, and communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight delivery timeframes.
- Experience managing multiple projects or engagements. Ability to create practical and comprehensive implementation plans, and partner with stakeholders to gain consensus.
- Understanding of technology development processes (PLC, SDLC), and technology financial management practices (software capitalization/amortization, forecasting, budget planning).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Bachelors Degree and an interest in career development.