The role of Project Manager is a hands-on position requiring experience and expertise managing: The initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project.
The Project Manager reports to the Director of Resource, Systems, and Performance Management within the IT Shared Services and Project Management Office for administration oversight and to the Portfolio Director for day-to-day performance management.
Under the direction of the Program Manager, the responsibilities of the position are as follows:
* Design, develop, update, and manage the project plan utilizing the appropriate tools (e.g., MSP, Clarity, etc.).
* Establish the project baseline, metrics, and parameters.
* Develop and manage the Critical Path for successful project delivery.
* Create clear and attainable project objectives, build project requirements, and manage the constraints of the project including but not limited to: cost, scope, schedule, and quality.
* Manage project schedule and delivery.
* Establish and conduct weekly/monthly status meetings, and other meetings as needed, requested.
* Identify, record, and manage project risks and issues.
* Routinely communicate project results to the Program Manager, Business, and IT Partners.
* Prepare presentations as required and requested.
* Investigate project developments, validate assumptions and upcoming deliverables, and resolve conflicts.
* Able to successfully manage multiple projects by applying project management best practices and understanding the objectives and key risks of the business and IT.
* Able to communicate clearly, effectively, on time, and to the correct audience.
* Ensure clarity of project roles and responsibilities with and to the project team.
* Able to effectively manage the project lifecycle from inception to close. Financial Management
* Ensure project funding aligns with approved budgets in system of record.
* Calculate and forecast project cost(s).
* Validate/adjust monthly financial transactions.
* Accrue for goods and services received, not yet invoiced.
* Monthly, report financial health of the project(s).
* Complete project change requests to manage large variances.
* Work with SME to determine the appropriate hardware and software needs.
* Acquire quotes as needed for hardware and software purchasing.
* Procure hardware and software using Ariba P2P.
* Work with Resource Managers to procure external resource(s).
* Create and manage labor SOW's using Ariba P2P.
* Ensure accuracy of cost type e.g., Capital or Expense for all purchases. Qualifications:
Education and experience:
* Bachelor's degree in business management, financial management, computer science, communications, or related field, preferred.
* Minimum five years of project management experience managing increasingly complex projects in a technical environment.
* Deep understanding of project management phases, techniques, and tools.
* Demonstrated experience in one or more PM methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, etc.).
* Proven leader with the ability to provide mentoring, coaching, and direction setting for project team members and other project managers.
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced technology environment.
* Willing to complete tasks under strict time constraints, which may require long, off-hour and weekend work.
* Willing to work on-site at any of our casino resorts, which may include exposure to noise, smoke, and populated areas.
* Superior verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
* Proficient in all MS Office tools.
* Proficient in MS Project 2013.
* Nimble, and able to react quickly to changing business needs.
* Ability to facilitate discussion and drive consensus.
* Ability to work effectively independently as well as in cross-functional teams.
* Able to work effectively and efficiently toward detailed goals in a complex, matrixed environment with ever-changing demands.
* Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
* PMP, Scrum Master, Six Sigma certification a plus.
- Detailed project management (i.e. enterprise level) in either the network or security business areas
- Strong project management skills including capabilities to manage a multiple deployments with a very tight schedule
- Experience with budget management / tracking for multi-million dollar projects
- Able effectively communicate with multiple levels of the organization since a NAC solution implementation will require some policies and mindset changes in the organization
- Able to travel about 25% of the time (i.e. may need to be onsite for a couple deployments)
- Able to work outside of standard hours to manage solution deployments on properties
Five to eight years of related business or analytical experience, including three years managing medium to large-sized IT projects.
* Skilled at managing the projects using tools like Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Visio, Clarity etc.
* Practical problem-solving experience using critical thinking methodologies to work through all facets of an issue to generate and implement a solution.
* Proven ability to promote teamwork through a leadership style that fosters collaboration, builds consensus and accountability.
* Ability to effectively and professionally communicate and influence others, both orally and in writing within and outside of department at all levels of the organization.
* History of taking accountability for own work and results. Demonstrated ability to form, communicate, and implement constructive opinions.
* Customer-focused, with demonstrated experience and ability to be flexible with changing priorities, demands and requests.
* Practical experiences influencing team members, stakeholders, and sponsors based upon recognized project management expertise.
Technical Project Management
Prior project management experience with large scale infrastructure migration projects is an essential requirement.
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.