Seeking a mid to senior level Project Manager to join a growing organization in the Topeka market.
The Technical Project Manager plans, executes and finalizes projects within expected cost and timeframe and with the expected benefits. These efforts include coordinating the initiatives of multiple matrixed teams and external clients in order to deliver according to plan and/SLA.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan, and facilitate customer acceptance.
* Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the Project Plan, in order to align the stakeholders and team members.
* Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
* Execute the tasks as defined in the project plan in order to achieve the project goals.
* Identify key project team members by defining roles and responsibilities to create a project organization structure in order to develop the communication plan.
* Implement the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events in order to minimize the impact of the risks on the project.
* Record detailed customer requirements, constraints, and assumptions with stakeholders in order to establish the project deliverables, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g., planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups) and the project charter.
* Improve team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training, and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation, ensure project efficiency, and boost morale.
* Communicates information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
* Listens intently to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interrupting them.
* Communicates information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
* Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members.
* Inspires loyalty and trust, handles oneself ethically following core values and beliefs.
* Praises people for a job well done
This will be a 9 to 12 month contract attached to a highly critical project for the organization. This person must onsite in Topeka, KS.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.