our client, a local government agency, is looking for a strong Project Manager with an infrastructure background to join their team on a long term basis.
* Determine the project approach, resource requirements, team roles and responsibilities, and schedule;
* Develop and review estimates and assumptions for the project's schedule, effort, and cost using established estimating models, best practices, and past experience;
* Manage projects throughout the entire assessment and development life-cycle, providing direction for project teams and monitoring the progress of deliverables and tasks;
* Create and manage project, risk mitigation, and communication plans;
* Plan, track, communicate with, and drive infrastructure solution; build and support resources;
* Work closely with leadership, as well as internal and external stakeholders;
* Provide oversight and management of blended teams of independent IT consultants and staff; manage vendor relationships, including participating in the creation of RFPs, review/selection of vendors, contracts, etc.;
* Ensure that staff and consultants adhere to the published PMO methodology and development standards defined for the PMO;
* Engage in PMO-related functions including monitoring budget and ensuring that established communication plans, risk management, and similar processes are adhered to;
* Define team member roles and expectations and ensure that project resources are used effectively;
* Participate in the review of project artifacts including technical requirements, user experience design, architecture, testing and implementation documentation;
* Manage project close out and transition of all project artifacts to agency staff prior to disengaging from a project;
* Ensure adherence to Project Management Institute's PMBOK and DoITT published project methodologies;
* Report to senior management within the Program, DoITT and stakeholder agencies on project status;
* Assist with addressing client concerns and escalate all project issues appropriately and manage them to resolution;
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.