The Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) Project Manager is responsible for project management of enterprise-level and non-enterprise-level projects and initiatives to ensure the effective development and implementation of projects involving interdepartmental and external stakeholder teams through all aspects of the project lifecycle. The EPMO PM will assist with development and on-going support of EPMO activities. This position reports to the EPMO Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for managing enterprise-level and non-enterprise-level projects using best practices and industry-standard processes to plan, execute, control and monitor projects and use leadership competencies and skill for process improvement, team building, negotiations, decision making, problem solving, and conflict management to ensure project scope, cost, scheduling and contractual deliverables are met as defined.
* Manage cross-functional and single-departmental projects from inception to implementation
* Works openly and collaboratively with EPMO staff at all phases of the project lifecycle
* Effectively models, implements, and communicates project management methodologies, ensuring accuracy, consistency and thoroughness in all phases of the project lifecycle
* Interfaces, effectively, with project sponsors to reach a mutually acceptable agreement on project goals, objective, scope, deliverables, timeframes, resources and outcomes
* Manages relationship with project sponsors and team members through meetings and status updates to ensure project deliverables are completed on time
* Provides status updates to project governance to ensure mutual understanding and expectations regarding project deliverables in accordance with scope, time, and cost
* Drafts and maintains project documentation including business case, charter, WBS, project requirements, project plan, status reports, and meeting agendas and minutes using EPMO-defined templates as required
* Identify and manage project deliverables, project dependencies, and critical path with milestones using appropriate tools
* Proactively identify, manage, and control changes in project scope, and manage project issues, risk, and develop contingency plans
* Perform post-implementation project review activities, documenting lessons-learned and opportunities for improvement
* Report post-implementation outcomes to leadership, project stakeholders, and Enterprise Project Management Office
* Collaborate and support the efforts of the Enterprise Project Management Office, including development and implementation of new project management tools and templates for more effective project management activities, assisting and educating department project leads in project management activities, including the use of project templates
* Completes other projects and duties as assigned
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities (Indicate Required or Desired)
* Experience managing multifaceted projects to include both long and short term projects with varying team sizes
* Strong interpersonal skills to include team building and facilitate meetings and/or projects using problem solving and persuasion skills
* Ability to motivate and lead various participants at all levels of the organization
* Working knowledge of project management methodologies and tools
* Self-motivated, ability to exercise independent judgment
* Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, to resolve problems, and to make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
* Strong organization and time management skills with proven ability to manage and participate on several projects concurrently
* Ability to demonstrate analytical skills to identify, offer solutions, and mitigate risk
* Ability to effectively manage change
* Decision-making problem solving, critical thinking, and listening skills
* Ability to exercise independent thinking
* Experience utilizing Microsoft Office software applications as well as project planning software
* Excellent written and communication skills
* Demonstrates knowledge of and experience with software-development life cycle
* Extensive knowledge of core operation functions of a managed care organization
* Collaboration & Teamwork: Utilizes communication techniques & methods that generate trust, collaboration, open two-way communication and a supportive work environment. Develops and generates team momentum, enthusiasm, and camaraderie to obtain maximum team performance. Values diverse talents of team members and works to include various points of view in decision-making.
* Conflict Management Skills: Ability to objectively listen to complaints, disputes, grievances, and conflicts to providing guidance and advice to individuals and / or management to encourage maintaining relationships and working together toward resolution.
* Continuous Learning: Spends time and energy to learn new approaches, tools, and methodologies to stay abreast and move ahead in position/field.
* Flexibility: Displays ability to quickly adapt to changing requirements, special assignments and workload re- prioritization.
* Interpersonal /Customer Services Skills: Treats others with courtesy, sensitivity and respect. Considers and responds appropriately to the needs and feelings of different people in different situations. Nurtures internal and external customers to develop confidence, trust and long-term relationships/partnerships.
* Initiative & Motivation: Displays strong personal initiative and motivation to achieve desired performance results. Takes on tasks and assumes responsibility without being asked to do so. Takes charge in the absence of detailed instructions and/or plans.
* Negotiation Skills: Able to bring others together and facilitate reaching a common ground. Able to proactively listen to both verbal and non-verbal communication with a perceptiveness to understand all parities concerns and then utilizing effective oral communication skills to persuade others to change their minds or behaviors.
* Organization, Planning & Execution: Uses organizational and planning methods to develop and maintain schedules, maximize human or equipment resource productivity. Displays strong personal commitment and responsibility to following-through on execution of assignments and commitments to ensure a successful conclusion in a timely manner.
* Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result of one's own or one's unit's work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
* Thoroughness: Ensuring that one's own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
* Walk the Talk: Do what you say you are going to do. Be accountable for your actions.
* World Class Mindset: Behaves in an honest, fair, and highly ethical manner. Shows consistency in words and actions. Punctual, exhibits professional email etiquette. Adhere to company and department standards. Commitment to excellence.
Education and Experience
* Five plus (5+) years of related experience in coordinating/managing projects
* Formal project management training through certified project management training, CAPM, or PMP, with a proven track record in managing projects
* Bachelor's degree (4-year or equivalent) in business, healthcare, or technology related field
* Experience in a managed care environment preferred
* Strong leadership skills, communication skills, strategic thinking and proven ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.