This position is responsible for coordinating and carrying out AML and Sanctions Risk Assessment processes for Discover Bank (the Bank) and its various Lines of Business (LOB). This role requires detailed financial and operational analysis & reporting, collaboration with the LOBs and Corporate Risk Management. This position reports directly to the Sr. Manager, Compliance - AML Risk Program.
- Coordinating AML and Sanctions Compliance risk assessment activities, enterprise-wide;
- Providing effective challenge to various business units across the company as to the deliverables provided in connection with quarterly AML and Sanctions Risk Assessment processes;
- Providing summary reports to Management on the ongoing assessment of AML and Sanctions risk for each operating subsidiary of the company;
- Cultivating effective relationships with management and other key stakeholders in other business units, in and out of Corporate Risk and Compliance;
- Providing meaningful, robust metrics and reporting identifying Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Key Risk Indicators (KRI) to Management and other key stakeholders; Coordinating the communication of KPI and KRI across AML Compliance Management upwards to Compliance, Corporate, and Legal Risk Management teams;
- Continuously assessing the program, identifying and implementing opportunities for increased effectiveness, efficiency, and risk mitigation. In addition, coordinating with other Discover Financial Services (DFS) Lines of Business to ensure consistency across the entire enterprise;
- Collaborating with technology partners to ensure the systems supporting the program are operating effectively;
- Participating in, managing, or chairing key project initiatives or committees;
- Providing constructive feedback, coaching, training, etc. to Analysts on a routine basis in order to effectively manage and mentor team members;
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes;
- Attending continuing education courses
Required Skills :
- Bachelors Degree required
- 5+ years of experience in financial services, risk management and/or audit.
- 3+ years of experience functioning within a Line of Business.
- Significant BSA, AML, OFAC, KYC or similar industry experience required.
- AML and Sanctions Risk Assessment process management experience strongly preferred.
- Intermediate or above experience in Microsoft Office applications required.
- Oral and written communication skills imperative.
- Data output display management experience required.
- Leadership/coaching experience desired.
- CAMS or similar Certification preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.