The Discover Financial Services (DFS) Corporate Compliance department seeks a Project Manager for its Business Unit Testing and Monitoring (BUTM) Governance team.
DFS established the BUTM function to test and monitor the design and effectiveness of controls associated with critical and high risks within the Company. BUTM Governance is responsible for providing guidance and oversight as well as driving awareness over the BUTM testing process to ensure testing adequately addresses the existence and effectiveness of applicable controls used to mitigate critical and high risks within the Company.
Where BUTM Testing Teams execute testing of controls to determine effectiveness, BUTM Governance sets the guardrails to facilitate effective and prudent management of testing to ensure the program is effective in helping promote a strong risk culture.
The Project Manager will be responsible for supporting the Governance team in its mission to:
* Foster a proactive risk-aware culture;
* Drive awareness of control identification and development of effective testing of the control to mitigate risks and/or to identify controls gaps;
* Provide effective challenge to ensure test plans focus on key controls that will adequately mitigate risks;
* Assist in driving BUTM Testing Teams towards the use of data analytics (as appropriate);
* Help ensure compliance with expectations around Issues and Remediation Action Plans;
* Continually assess the BUTM program and socialize recommended enhancements;
* Provide recurring reporting to the BUTM Testing Teams for analysis and remediation; and
* Prepare reporting to the Compliance Reporting Team for inclusion in Committee Packages.
* Bachelor's degree
* At least five (5) or more years of experience in audit/testing, banking, compliance, or a similar function with a specific understanding of internal controls
* Knowledge of consumer regulations
* Ability to identify risk and control mechanisms within various business process
* Proven track record of implementing change within a complex environment
* Self-motivated and ability to work independently
* Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with various levels of management and establish and maintain relationships with key business line and functional clients
* Excellent organizational and project management skills and the ability to execute on multiple projects and understand how they fit into the larger testing program
* Excellent analytical skills and the ability to discern the practical application of regulatory and legal requirements
* Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook (Visio proficiency a plus)
* Professional certification within the fields of compliance or audit
* Broad knowledge of Discover business processes, procedures, and systems
#LI-BJ1 We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.