Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Project Manager - CMA Systems Support
The Project Manager of System Support uses operational and technical skills to support the life cycle of CMA user interfaces. This individual will be responsible for leading project teams comprised of CMA stakeholders and Business Technology through the delivery of strategic enhancements to CMA user interfaces to support best-in-industry loss rates. This individual will also act as a liaison with external vendors to design, test and deploy vendor products and enhancements to increase CMA capabilities, with responsibilities for both existing and new vendor relationships. The successful candidate will be able to balance project management capabilities with leadership skills to drive successful and timely system implementations.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* Project management and decision-making skills with 4 to 6 years' experience managing projects through the project lifecycle
* Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities or deliverables
* Ability to work within tight deadlines and requirement parameters
* Experience with both Agile and Waterfall project methodologies
* Ability to establish and leverage enterprise relationships to move initiatives forward
* Ability to maintain and increase current knowledge of industry practices and technologies
* Prior experience leading project teams through successful implementation
* Prior experience with CMA Operations and/or technologies preferred
* Proficient in Microsoft Office products
* Lean six sigma and/or demonstrated process improvement experience a plus.
* SQL and SAS experience (SAS/BASE, SAS/MACRO, SAS/STAT,SAS/SQL,SAS/ODS, SAS/ACCESS), Unix, shell scripting, mainframe
* Ability to conduct basic ad-hoc analysis in support of CMA open file systems utilizing Teradata and SAS
* Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
* Experience with credit card collections systems and policies strongly preferred
* Highly organized and capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously
* Ability to proactively resolve complex problems
* Demonstrated ability to work with and manage automated processes
* Ability to identify and clearly articulate requirements through collaboration with project owners
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Financial services industry experience preferred
#LI-SN1 We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.