This position is responsible for optimizing Marketing and Servicing recommendations to achieve business goals and deliver a brand-right customer experience. The position requires the ability to manage multiple medium to large sized projects at one time and implement system/technology changes to support the Customer Contact Strategy Infrastructure. As part of his/her responsibilities, this person will be required to lead cross-functional natural work groups consisting of both business and technology partners. Business partners will include: Rewards, Products & Benefits, Portfolio, Customer Service (Strategy, Systems, Workforce Management), Customer Protection Services, Cardmember Assistance, Consumer Banking, and Business Technology (IDS, EDS and EDT). This position is also responsible for the continuous improvement of the CCS Infrastructure including the buildout of new capabilities & automation of BAU tasks.Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.Responsibilities:
- (50%) Manage multiple medium to large projects simultaneously throughout the project life cycle including: obtaining business partner buy-in, defining requirements, authoring project documentation, holding walkthroughs, creating and executing test cases, and ensuring all projects meet all milestones and timelines.
- (25%) Guide technical design and development of a new decision engine platform enhancements
- (10%) Troubleshoot real and perceived system issues, accurately reporting issue identification, cause, resolution and future mitigation to Business and Operational Risk
- (10%) Make process improvement recommendations to strengthen the CCS Infrastructure and minimize operational risk, including enhancements to the CCS Admin Tool and participation in Lead showcase projects
- (5%) Systems administration within the business admin tools to support project implementation
Skills Skills Required
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience working with Business Technology
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Solid understanding of Marketing principles, programs, and communications across servicing channels including mail, telephony, and web/mobile.
- Excellent with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, Access, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's Degree with strong quantitative coursework (engineering, mathematics, statistics, computer science, etc.)
- 3-5 years of experience in Project Management or Technical product life cycle development
- Master's degree preferred in a Quantitative discipline
- Experience with machine learning, AI, Bots & similar emerging technologies
- Technical understanding of telephony and servicing systems (agent interfaces, messaging, IVR systems, etc)
- Previous Project Management experience
- Previous coding and testing experience
- Previous CRM experience
- Previous decision engine exposure
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.