Project Manager- Dallas, TX
Posted: January 21, 2017
Reference ID: 49763372
We are looking for a Project Manager/Superintendent to work in various locations between Hannibal Missouri and Grand Prairie, Texas. The project will last 8 months. Follow-on projects in other locations are possible if the opportunity presents itself. As a Project Manager, you will manage all aspects of both compressed air installations and turnkey infrastructure support for construction projects, from beginning to end. Scopes may include civil site preparation, subgrade utilities, concrete work, and light building construction, electrical & mechanical. This position will have direct responsibility for project execution while overseeing subcontractors to accomplish specific objectives in a given time frame and with available resources. In addition, you will also be responsible for assuring progress payments are performed and represent the actual work accomplished in the field. A considerable amount of travel may be required as projects may be constructed with overlapping time schedules in different locations.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Plan and analyze assigned projects, establish schedules and project parameters and set procedures to accomplish system objectives, involving complex contracting applications.
• Communicate with customers and their representatives, including building Owners, mechanical contractors, other trades, subcontractors, and field support staff.
• Examine and review contracts and estimates, Identifying project risks and developing risk mitigation plans.
• Manage a construction budget for each projects by revising the original estimate based on validated project scope.
• Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the forecasted cost at completion, and controlling expenses by monitoring assigned project budget.
• Monitoring and enforcing project schedules including: generating tasks, estimates, dependencies; milestones, CPM Analysis; and Histogram Analysis.
• Prepare sub-contractor request for quotation's for change orders, including: scope statements; plans and milestone dates; specs; and work schedule.
• Generate technician work orders: review plan; review progress; and prioritizes tasks.
• Identify and manage Project Stakeholders.
• Prepare daily and weekly report of work progress.
• Chair Contractor coordination meeting as required.
• Attend Owner Meetings
• Meet with contractors and owners to discuss scope of project; budgets; performance; and close-out.
• Responsible for change order management by recommending solutions, facilitating quotes and closing orders.
• Maintain customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and assigned staff.
• Establishes a professional relationship with the customer and interfaces constantly to maintain accurate status reports and project reviews.
• Obtain acceptance and timely sign-off of the project by the customer.
• Responsible for the successful transition of warranty to the service process.
• Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Experience with compressed air systems and installations is a plus.
• Strong experience in resource / manpower planning and team leadership of multiple contractors.
• Must have strong financial and business acumen and a history of running projects on time and on budget.
• Experience working directly with Owner/Customers is a plus.
• Must be able to travel. Overnight travel will be required. A per diem will be paid.