This mission critical, highly visible position will work on the Digital Customer Experience team within Discover's Deposit Products organization. The team will manage customer experience leadership for existing Bank customers on the web and mobile apps for various products offered by Discover Bank. The team will work with other business partners like Operations, Fraud, Customer Complaints, Analytics and Legal to ensure a seamless customer experience for the Deposits Customers.
This individual will use data, analytics, research, voice of the customer feedback, usability findings and technology systems to unlock value for our customers and the company. The ultimate goal is to deliver and maintain an industry-leading Customer Experience.
This individual will work on obtaining customer feedback through Voice of the Customer (VOC) tools like OpinionLab, analyzing the feedback and recommending enhancements to our Digital properties. This individual will also manage the Customer Journey Mapping initiative within Deposits by keeping the existing journey maps up-to-date and developing further journey maps per business needs. Another project that this individual will be part of is the initiative to improve Deposits' customer digital engagement using web targeting DMP tools like Rocket Fuel.
At the highest level this individual will:
* Manage Opinion Lab Vendor relationship to ensure accurate installation of customer survey on Website and Mobile App
* Monitor online behavior and utilize advanced tools, such as journey mapping and digital analytics, to provide recommendations and guidance on how to further improve our online experience
* Launch web targeting for the first time in Deposits to drive revenue and customer engagement
* Act as a consultant from the earliest phases of design for new features and/or functionality
* Understand what competitor landscape looks like and our journeys and offerings compare
* Support projects through the product development process cycle (initiating the project proposal, gathering requirements, supporting usability testing, gathering design feedback & support, as well as providing test support
* Create and produce regular reports detailing progress and insights
* Document, report and determine root causes of customer irritants
* Create project requirements to correct online features and/or functionalities and enhance the digital experience and see project implementation through
* Prepare reporting to guide proactive reviews of the web and mobile platforms
* Organize usability sessions and ensure appropriate methods are being used and actionable insights are garnered
* Surface consumer insights through internal research and field intelligence
* Assist in the creation of the Customer Experience strategy playbook using industry best practices and tools to improve the overall digital journey and quantify progress with hard data
* Report results of web site performance KPIs that serve both the customer and the firms infrastructure
* Serve as one of the company's vocal leader and expert on digital customer experience and constantly reinforce the need for customer input in the design and development cycles
* Stay on top industry trends and best practices across all areas of responsibility
* Promote a risk aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standard and processes
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
4+ years relevant work experience in digital design and development, customer experience, and / or customer research
Strong problem-solving, resource management, and time-management skills
Ability to work independently on multiple projects at once with cross-functional teams
Experience with technology in order to support web and mobile innovation
Sense of urgency to execute and the ability to successfully support program implementations
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience in interpreting data and translating into actionable insights
Ability to build relationships and work effectively with internal and external partners
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.