At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
PECO New Business
Effectively manage new business projects, i. e. commercial, new residential developments with associated commercial aspects and single homes using a project management approach. Ensure new business projects are completed to meet customer need dates. Oversee all aspects of new business projects to include, application, gas considerations, design, schedule and construction interfacing with departments within PECO to ensure our policies, procedures, job requirements and standards are met. Effectively communicate with external contacts including Contractors to meet customer expectations. Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24/7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
PECO New Business
- Responsible and Accountability for overall project performance for new business gas and electric customer requests including new residential and commercial projects from inception to energizing of facilities
- Serves as primary interface to external and internal stakeholders to coordinate project requirements and meet customer need dates
- Define and manage project costs, schedule and scope while adhering to work management.
- Process standards and requirements and infrastructure investment strategies
- Interface effectively forming good working relationships with team members, line managers, internal interfacing organizations and contract service providers as applicable�
- Support all Claims, Regulatory and Presidential complaints, document findings in ACE reports and Root Cause Investigations as needed.
- Participate in field visits to facilitate project details; providing oversight to job package development and processing
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related field and� 2-5 years related utility/project management experience OR High School Diploma and 6-9 years related utility/project management experience�
- Demonstrated Project management skills, writing skills and PC skills including Work, Excel, Access, Power Point, Project, Passport
- Leadership, Communications and Presentation Skills�
- Valid Drivers License or ability to obtain�
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change. �
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process enhancements and efficiencies including technology and performance
- Demonstrated strong judgment and time management skills�
- Ability to work independently and as a team leader including the ability to handle conflicting priorities in a multi-task environment
- Experience or knowledge of the specific functional area or discipline (e. g. , New Business or residential construction industry)
- Experience interfacing with external customers meeting their needs
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience managing projects
- Understanding of job budgeting, costing and performance metrics reporting
- Project Management Certification�
PECO New Business
- Ensure contractor activities are in alignment with all safety and quality expectations as outlined in contract terms and conditions.
- Direct oversight in design/construction completion to support the PECO infrastructure investment strategies to coordinate capital investment to the connection of customers
- Actions have direct impact on customer satisfaction goals for new business transactions
- Plans and coordinates work with Contracted Services for Design and Field Construction
- Provide project management oversight for entire new business service connection process
- Responsible for determining financial requirements for projects to support initial new business budget and re-forecasting intervals
- Manage new business construction projects ranging from $10-$100K each with annual a total portfolio of projects ranging up to $1. 5 million.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster