Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
EEO & Affirmative Action - Advisor Job Description
The Project Manager, Affirmative Action & EEO Programs is responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating enterprise-wide programs and initiatives related to Affirmative Action compliance. The Project Manager will act as the subject matter expert in the areas of AAP/EEO and provide ongoing consultation. The Project Manager will manage the internal enterprise roadmap for AAP purposes and consult with various departments (Compensation, TA, Legal, etc.) to help ensure DFS is in compliance with EEO laws and regulations.
***FOR DFS Employees:
Position can be based in either one of the Discover's US Centers - Riverwoods, IL; Salt Lake City, UT; Phoenix, AZ; New Albany, OH; New Castle, DE***Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate enterprise-wide Affirmative Action programs and initiatives to ensure compliance with the U.S. Department of Labor Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) requirements and Discover Financial Services' overall diversity goals.
- Provide subject matter expertise on all matters related to affirmative action and provide oversight of AAPs and good faith effort action-oriented plans and leads process improvements.
- Manage the internal enterprise roadmap for AAP purposes and consult with various departments, including Compensation, Talent Acquisition, Legal, etc. to help ensure DFS is in compliance with EEO laws and regulations.
- Manage external vendor relationship to ensure data accuracy, ongoing analyses of trends in demographics and transactions and completion of all reporting in a timely manner.
- Identify compliance training gaps and act as a liaison with Legal and Training & Development to develop necessary compliance training.
- Provide consultation and training to EEO Coordinators and Plan Owners, including understanding and implementation of good faith efforts.
- Ensure that Internal Audit and OFCCP compliance evaluations are effectively managed.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, Master's degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in HR / Affirmative Action / Diversity & Inclusion desired
- Highly competent in process/project management
- Proven time management skills and ability to handle complex projects and multiple priorities simultaneously
- Awareness and understanding of multiple facets of diversity
- Ability to work across different functions and build relationships with stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.