The Chip Center of Excellence team within Global Commerce is responsible for developing, managing and implementing critical advanced payment products impacting all businesses in Discover Financial Services. These products are based on complex technologies including EMV and Contactless (i.e. NFC and QR Code). EMV is a specification for conducting secure transactions between cards with integrated chips (chip cards), POS terminals capable of reading chip cards, issuers and acquirers.
The EMV specifications broadly impact the payment ecosystem from card issuing to merchant acquiring, and serve as the baseline technology for other products such as mobile payments. D-PAS is Discover Financial Services EMV-compliant payment specification.
* Manage strategic and ongoing activities for advanced payment product implementation support and providing subject matter expertise to Discover, Diners Club International and PULSE issuing and acquiring partners operating on the Discover Global Network globally. Initiatives to be supported across all networks will be to centralize reporting and documentation functions, deployment enhancements to existing processes.
* Develop processes to support new payment products inclusive of project management to ensure efficiencies are identified. This may be for existing issuers, acquirers, or payment integrators that are introducing support of advanced payment technology or for new participants to the network.
* Work with external consultants, terminal manufacturers, card manufacturers, personalization bureaus, testing labs, and test tool vendors to help enable support for these products.
* Forecast and track product implementations and communicating status across payment services.
* Develop knowledge in particular markets with the objective of building both a technical and business perspective of our partners operations and to gain knowledge of the payments landscape in that market.
* Build relationships across DFS including Discover Network, DCI, PULSE, as well as with current and potential issuing and acquiring partners. This involves providing support to our relationship management teams in client meetings and providing consultative support throughout client product implementations.
* Interact regularly with many types of business partners, including vendors and will deliver presentations, develop and lead training, and provide SME guidance both inside and outside DFS.
* Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
* Bachelors Degree (or equivalent experience)
* 3 years of payments experience with exposure to EMV or other advanced payments products
* Has successfully led and implemented business critical projects of large scope
* Experienced in managing multiple partner / vendor relationships simultaneously; must possess excellent client management skills.
* Strong PC competency (MS Office products, Excel, Visio, and Microsoft Project) required with exceptional data analysis and reporting skills.
* Well-developed presentation skills, including the ability to effectively deliver information to internal and external constituents at all levels
* Ability to develop a strategic mindset to influence product deployment with internal and external business partners
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong aptitude for planning and organization, detail oriented
* Support other core functions within the CCOE e.g. process improvement, documentation & reporting
* Ability to travel domestically & internationally
* Ability to communicate in Spanish a plus
#LI-RB1 We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.