Leads the design and implementation of an engineered solution from conception through implementation. The project manager works on 1-3 projects concurrently. Projects will be multi-dimensional, requiring inclusion of Operations, Safety, IT, Engineering and Finance. Responsible for the formalization of a realistic project timeline and project plan. Handles many project tasks and assignments directly, delegating as needed to other subject matter experts. Ensures stakeholder buy-in and facilitates regular communication to convey progress, through the successful completion of the project. Integrates appropriate logistics information and decision technology into engineered solutions.
Travel requirements will range between 30-50% based on projects, and may fluctuate throughout the year.
- Designs solutions with compliance and all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures in mind
- Develops project implementation strategy and implementation schedule
- Leads analytical efforts associated with multiple engineering projects including direct supervision of engineering resources and delivering superior results
- Works closely with customer's leadership and project team during scope development and option analysis phase
- Prepares presentations and status reports and deliver to customer
- Conducts benchmarking analysis and communicates results to customer leadership to establish baseline for value generation and to identify additional growth opportunities
- Provides performance feedback to team members and their direct manager at the conclusion of the project
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Project Management required
- MS Project, Access or related preferred
- Masters degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Operations Management, Supply Chain, Logistics or related quantitative field preferred, Bachelors required
- Minimum of 4 - 7 years functional experience required
- Flexible to support travel requirements 30-50% of the time
- Strong command of supply chain, logistics and transportation concepts required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Key Words: Project Management; Transportation Management; Supply Chain/Logistics
A little about us:
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.