Project Manager (Engineering)
Company: Panasonic Avionics Corporation
Location: Lake Forest, California
Posted: May 25, 2017
Reference ID: 1896177788
The Engineering Project Manager will be responsible for high level project management in a global satellite systems platform.
Definition of Project Scope
• Participate in the development and analysis of customer requirements.
• Identify all customer deliverables which may include production items (mechanical, electronic and/or electromechanical assemblies), software, media, customer racks, documentation and systems.
Creation of Project Plans
• Identify internal deliverables which may include plans, schedules and other documents, prototypes, test equipment, software, test racks and more.
• Identify and secure resources required for all project tasks.
• Coordinate the procurement and selection of parts, materials and components with suppliers.
• Lead the team to establish a comprehensive, end-to-end project plan and schedule to which the team has u201cbuy-inu201d.
Tracking & Project Execution
• Maintain and manage to the project plan and schedule.
• Lead the team to coordinate design, development, documentation, integration, test and certification activities across functional groups to meet committed deliverables to customer schedule, cost and technical requirements.
• Manage third party development.
• Apply standard techniques, procedures, processes and criteria to engineering assignments.
• Coordinate pre-production and design transfer to manufacturing.
• Coordinate initial customer deliveries.
• Conduct well planned, effective meetings which drive actions.
• Expert ability to employ continual process improvement.
• Exceptional communication skills and ability to manage customer interface, provide status updates to management, and to interface with different engineering groups.
• The role requires excellent communication skills, ability to see the u201cbig pictureu201d and ability to direct efforts appropriately on prioritized tasks.
• Exceptional time management skills combined with a skilled ability to multiplex across different tasks/programs while tracking and maintaining issues.
• Proficient experience with Microsoft MS Office products, Excel, Project, Visio and Oracle.
• Demonstrated and proven ability to effectively and professionally work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment and meet stringent deadlines.
• Having a wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
• Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
• Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Uses independent judgment to ensure projects/assignments are completed accurately and on-time and may be tasked with ensuring work of others is completed in a timely manner.
• B.S. degree or higher in EE or CS or related degree/experience.
• 5+ years of software and/or hardware engineering development experience.
• 7+ years' experience in project management of software, electronics, mechanics, and/or circuit design.
• Some travel to various sites as required, up to 5% for training.
Location/Division: 26200 Enterprise Way, Lake Forest, CA 92630, USA Job Requisition: 1701158