Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a highly skilled, impeccably organized, process driven and enthusiastic collaborator to project manage intimate to massive events, from inception to close, in support of a team of event managers and producers. Your creative problem-solving skills must be stellar and you must be able to work quickly and efficiently, to multitask with a high-volume workload, and to remain productive in high-pressure situations. Impeccable organizational and time-management skills are an absolute must.
You will be expected to develop influential and productive relationships with key stakeholders and optimize processes that support high-profile event marketing activities. You should be versed in project management styles, methodologies and processes. Tenacity, self-direction and follow-up skills are a must, as well as the ability to anticipate issues and find effective solutions. If you are someone who likes video games, fantasy, sci-fi, graphic novels, technology or other geeky things, so much better!
Can you obsess on the details while keeping the big picture in mind? Are you a self-starter who can take direction but doesn't need it? Are you the type of person who can work quickly to solve challenges? You could be our ideal candidate!Responsibilities
- Support the events team in producing events at the highest level of quality.
- Define project objectives, schedule, resource requirements, budget, and deliverables in support of marketing goals.
- Develop complex project plans, proposals, and requirements documentation that takes all objectives, dependencies, challenges, and requirements into account, including regional concerns.
- Develop, maintain, and distribute status and other reporting documents to communicate risks, contingency plans, roadblocks, and resource constraints to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure documents and other information is accurate and is distributed to all necessary parties at the appropriate time.
- Plan, organize, prioritize, and execute tasks calmly in an ever-changing, fast-paced, and high-pressure environment.
- Prioritize projects based on how they match to the company's strategic goals and their impact on the business.
- Provide motivation and direction to ensure event goals, milestones, and deadlines are met.
- Ensure projects meet milestone and final deadline dates by foreseeing risks and potential roadblocks.
- Track and manage the project to ensure it stays within the established budget.
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Use detailed project analysis such as post mortems to create recommendation reports based on predetermined success indicators.
- Develop best practices, processes, and tools to ensure project execution at the highest level.
- Act as a key contact between internal departments, regional teams, and external vendors and contractors.
- Control, coordinate, and follow-up on recurrent tasks and assignments within the project team.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience working as a project manager
- A minimum of 3 years' experience working with teams in multiple locations, including internationally
- Formal training in project management methodologies, process development, and team leadership and a dedication to the art of Project Management
- Proven leadership abilities to address conflicts and achieve consensus, to provide both positive and negative feedback in a constructive way, and to assertively contribute relevant opinions and thoughts
- Exceptional creative problem-solving and critical-thinking skills - the ability to digest information from various sources, deduce possible outcomes, and provide viable solutions
- Able to gather and align necessary resources against a schedule, especially under tight deadlines and changing project demands
- Impeccable written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English
- Able to organize information in a clear and concise manner that communicates well with both technical resources and business stakeholders
- Persuasive, encouraging, and a motivating influence with all assigned projects
- Able to establish key relationships, gain cooperation, and reduce tension among team members and impacted departments
- Expertise in Microsoft Project, Jira, or other online project management tools as well as methodologies such as Waterfall, Scrum, Agile, or Kanban
- Expertise in Excel and Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
Required Application Materials
- Experience working as a project manager in the events, entertainment, games, or agency industries
- Formal project management certification such as PMP
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.