At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Exelon Nuclear is looking for a Project Manager at our Braidwood Nuclear Station in Braceville, IL (65 miles SW of Chicago, IL)
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Manage projects, initiation through closeout, as assigned and within the parameters of cost, quality, schedule and objectives. Provide leadership for project team members and the Project Management process. Position generally used for projects requiring integration of multiple functional organizations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage the detailed scope, quality, performance, schedule and budget of assigned project(s).
- Direct the Project Team and integrate all resources.
- Ensure stakeholder review and buy-in of intermediate and final project deliverables.
- Provide communication to Exelon Nuclear and site management for assigned / proposed projects.
- Provide development, evaluation and recommendation on contracted services and materials.
- Ensure Contract Administration on contract(s) as required, including proper closeout of projects as well as post-project critique and lessons learned.
- Bachelors degree (technical or management discipline) with at least 6 years experience, a minimum of 3 years of which have been as a project team member
-10 years of industry experience, with at least 5 years professional experience of which 3 must be in the field of management of projects.
- PMP Certification (within 18 months of starting position)
- PE Certification
- MBA or financial/budget experience
- Works independently with only general direction. Responsible for the pursuit of cost reductions and maximizing value on all assigned projects. Responsible for project communications and required negotiations with internal and external organizations. Directly accountable for the management of large projects
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.