The Fair Lending Program Manager will assist the Senior Manager in enhancing the Company's fair lending program and collaborating with business unit management in the development of fair lending risk controls to ensure that all consumer lending activities and work are in compliance with all applicable fair lending laws and regulations. This is an individual contributor role, who will focus on the following responsibilities: Review and analyze potential fair lending issues in consumer complaints.
- Assist the Senior Manager in managing the governance program for Marketing, credit risk and servicing related campaigns, models and strategies to identify fair lending risks.
- Coordinate regulatory changes within affected business units and ensure that changes and controls are implemented to facilitate regulatory compliance.
- Assist the Senior Manager in preparing reports and other presentations for the Fair and Responsible Banking Committee.
- Assist the Senior Manager in planning and executing the annual Statistical Testing program to analyze fair lending issues.
- Assist in developing fair lending policies, procedures and training materials, including role specific training for employees whose roles and responsibilities could create increased fair lending risk.
- Evaluate business units compliance with program policies and procedures.
- Prepare for regulatory exams, internal audits and compliance tests Plan and execute Fair Lending Program initiatives with guidance from the Senior Manager and the Fair Lending Program Director.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Assist the Senior Manager in governance of an enterprise wide fair lending risk assessment including evaluation of inherent risk, sufficiency of controls and calculation of residual risk.
- Collaborate with the business to implement corrective action and controls as a result of the risk assessment, Compliance or Internal Audit findings.
- Bachelor Degree
- CRCM certification desirable
- 5+ years previous experience working at a financial institution or bank in compliance, audit, law or risk management role
- Ability to work independently and provide recommendations to the Fair Lending Senior Manager
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, organizational and project management skills
- Familiarity with financial regulations (such as HMDA, ECOA, CRA and FHA)
- Familiarity with corporate compliance programs, including risk assessments, testing and monitoring, training, policy/procedure development, and implementation of new products and business processes.
- Advanced proficiency with Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint required; proficiency with Tableau preferred.
#LI-BJ1 We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.