Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Guest Supply
Zip Code: 37501
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
• Assemble project team, develop project schedule and assign and monitor individual responsibilities for each project. Act as a resource leader to the Project team, gathering information, solving problems, and communicating with all necessary internal and external partners. Coordinate with various departments (i.e., Corporate Accounts, Sales, Credit and Accounting) as needed.
• Oversee project scope and objectives, review architectural plans and provide quantity take-off’s to develop detailed project estimates.
• Negotiate vendor pricing, customer contracts, and adherence to Brand standards to fall within client budget and timeline. Advise and determine mark-up for gross margin.
• Serve as key liaison to Hotel Brands regarding FF&E Design and Procurement. Build and grow long term Brand relationships to drive business growth. Interact and communicate with Designers and various levels of management regarding FF&E standards, approvals, waivers and initiatives. Source design alternates for approvals and assist in design conflict resolution.
• Communicate and update on-going order status, progress and issues with corporate team members and client.
• Document preparation of deposits, process payments and proforma invoices in conjunction with Director of Credit and suppliers.
• Utilize proprietary ordering system (FFEZ) for quote preparation, issuing purchase orders to suppliers and ongoing change orders.
• Review project reports and troubleshoot issues for compliance with project master schedule.
• Maintain and present project reports and sales opportunities to Director of FF&E to establish and accomplish set goals.
• Attend tradeshows, conferences and business review meetings, as necessary to market Company’s procurement services and build customer relationships.
• Lead training sessions and conference calls, as necessary for Territory managers and sales.
• Resolve major product defects or manufacturing errors.
• Research and assist with the resolution of credit and collections issues with customers.
• Coach and develop team in balancing the delivery of high productivity and customer service in conformance with standard company procedures, quality and safety. Establish performance goals, monitor progress and provide feedback as necessary. Oversee employee relations, staffing, corrective actions and a maintaining a positive and safe work environment. Provide training as needed.
• Manage employee performance through motivation, delegation, development, mentoring and resolving conflict. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Conduct regular department meetings to foster employee engagement, communicate any changes to company policies and procedures, address employee concerns, foster idea sharing and suggestions for improvement. Consult with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
Minimum Education, Including Degrees and Certififcations
Minimum Experience, Years and Type of Experience
Skills and Abilities (Type and Proficiency):
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
• Strong leadership skills, including the ability to mentor and develop individuals and teams. Able to engage and lead team discussions and meetings. Understands team dynamics and works well within a team structure. Collaborative management style and strategic team player. Delegates responsibilities effectively. Ability to build working relationships with internal business partners, vendors and customers.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary. Able to manage large, complex projects. Uses time effectively and able to work independently.
• Ability to negotiate contracts with customers and sell high dollar projects with confidence and experience.
• Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
• Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy. Ability to handle a large number of requests and actions with accuracy.
• Proficient use of MS Windows and Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
• Familiarity with PeopleSoft plus.
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• This position primarily works in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel is required to visit customers, suppliers, attend trade or hotel brand conferences, company events or staff meetings.
• May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting. Must maintain a valid driver license and provide proof of current automobile insurance coverage as set forth by Sysco.
• This position may require evening and weekend work depending on business needs.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.